Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: plumber's putty

pal

plumber's putty

Someone on the board mentioned a special use for plumber's putty (definitely not in regard to plumbing) It was such a good idea that I ran right out and bought it and now have no idea why.

I checked google, no good ideas there. Does anyone else remember such a post????

I keep looking at that container.............nothing!
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Blog Entries
    I did a search on here and the only thread about plummers putty was about fixing a statue owl. Don't know if thats what you are talking about. you have a search tool on here and that's what I used.
    Judy

Power Poster
    ​Someone posted about using liquid rubber cement on the back of rulers to prevent slipping. I can't think of what you could use plumber's putty for though.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Maybe quilt suspenders? For the pvc.

pal
    Yes! Thank you romanojg! It WAS about fixing that owl. I tried the search tool but it didn't come up. As soon as you said it, I remembered. Thanks so much....
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Ok ......how, where......we may all need some plumbers putty!

There was another mention on the board re a sort-of putty that had some very interesting uses. I don't remember the name "plumber's putty," though. My mind is giving out and the only names I remember for it are "museum putty" and "tac." The "tac" name was associated with a specific maker of the stuff.

I buy tac at an artist supply store in Jacksonville, FL. The bright yellow box advertises that it sticks again and again, is non-toxic, and is clean and safe. It does something else wonderful. It does not bleed color onto paint, wood, etc. I have used it for years and never had trouble with it.

Please be aware that my sewing uses for tac have no physical contact with my machines or the project fabric. I use it to stick notes, patterns, etc. in front of my nose for quick access. I do tack up samples, emphasis on "samples," of things so I can find them while I am at a machine. (Okay, I am messy. Tac helps keep track of stuff.) It also keeps stuff where you put it: posters on a wall, a vase on a table. Lots of uses around the house and in an rv.

I hope my long windedness has helped. The help and patience all of you have gifted to me in the past and probably will do again in the future have been help in some trying messes. Thanks.

Pat

Also stick a little bit on bottom corners of framed pictures to keep them level.