Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poll - How often do you wash your pets food and water bowls?

feed my dogs twice a day small amounts and wash there bowls every day
    ​DEBRA

Blog Entries
    6 dogs 2 cats, wash dishes every day.
    Just passing through!

Bowls are washed as needed. He eats dry food, and a spoonful of yogurt (vet approved) once a week (keeps the cat breath at bay). He has 1 food bowl and 2 water bowls- 1 by the food, and the other at the other end of the house. Somehow the water bowls need to be washed at least twice a day because there's always food crumbs in them?
    People are like stained-glass windows.
    They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
    but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty
    is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Blog Entries
    we have a neighbor dog that comes everyday for a visit, what will be a good snack or treat I can give her

Daily, I wouldn't want to eat and drink from dirty dishes so she shouldn't have to either. (Sheltie-Jack Russell mix)

Every meal, if we deserve clean dishes, so do they!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesnowdoe View Post
    we have a neighbor dog that comes everyday for a visit, what will be a good snack or treat I can give her

I would ask your neighbor, I do not let my dogs roam, but one has a grain allergy, and I would be upset to find out he was getting it somewhere else, but like I said my dogs stay home! Just ask the neighbor....carrots are usually a good safe pick.

after each meal, Chance gets medicine twice a day, so he need to have food twice a day
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

Same as I wash mine every meal.

Dog's food dish after every meal and water dish every time it is filled. Our little girl has crystal dishes so need them to sparkle! LOL We also have 2 large parrots and I wash theirs food/water dishes (not crystal) daily too.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Food bowls with each meal and water bowl every time I refill it (usually once a day). Even washing the water bowl once a day it is amazing what a film develops on it.
    Pat

You're supposed to wash them????? (Just kidding)
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Canned pure pumpkin is a great snack for a dog. It is very nutritious for them too. I give my dog a spoonful everyday.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Washing pet food bowls is more of a people thing. Dogs and cats will gobble up the food they like no matter what it is served in.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

One of my dogs eats her own poop. Why should I worry about clean anything? Dogs will drink out of toilets,mud puddles and anything else. Clean is good but, just ask yourself about the above.
    I have never heard of dogs or cats dying from their owners not washing their bowls after they eat or take a drink of water.
    My cats do not share the dog's water or food. One dog has her own water and food bowls. My new puppy has his own water and food bowls.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Daily change of water and at meal time clean bowl. They are family too.

I have 4 dogs, I wash their food and water bowls daily. No dishwasher in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    One of my dogs eats her own poop. Why should I worry about clean anything? Dogs will drink out of toilets,mud puddles and anything else. Clean is good but, just ask yourself about the above.
    I have never heard of dogs or cats dying from their owners not washing their bowls after they eat or take a drink of water.
    My cats do not share the dog's water or food. One dog has her own water and food bowls. My new puppy has his own water and food bowls.

If your dog is eating her own poop there is a reason. It could be nutrition that she is lacking, sometimes (I am not saying you) if people potty train by rubbing their nose in it, they learn to like the taste of it. We also went through a spell where one of our dogs (we live in the woods with coyotes) started eating his brothers. Well we found out his brother was sick and he was doing it to protect his brother from predators. They can tell by the smell if the dog is sick. His brother got well and he quit doing it. Dogs should not be allowed to drink out of the toilet, that's why there is a lid and a lot of people put stuff in their tanks. Mud puddles are not good either, especially if you live in an inner city, where rats are a problem, as they can get a disease from the rat urine. Dogs can be foul creatures if you LET them, but that is why they have owners. By not washing out their dishes, bacteria can grow, and they COULD get sick. Not all will, but there will be some. It is just a good thing all the way around to wash their dishes. I am glad to see that 99% here do. After all if you are going to have a pet, make them part of the family, and treat them as such.
    Last edited by SB13; 02-25-2014 at 06:44 AM.

Food bowl daily. Water bowl when empty (I use one of the 2.5 gallon jugs that sit upside down on bowl - a doggie water cooler) - usually about once per week.

Anita
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

every meal gets a clean dish (so it's 5dishes x 2 meals a day---no one understands why I have so many sandwich size plates).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2