Postage considerations

Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom
i've actually unpacked my box and repackaged it when i find it can go cheaper a different way. our P.O has an automated stand that I use to check weight and cost before I commit. The clerks will go in back and find the right size carton for me, too, when i can do better parcel post. sometimes flat rate is better but not always.
I totally agree-flat rate is easier on the seller but I feel like as a seller I package and ship the cheapest way possible. Thats what I expect so that what I try to provide. I have backed away from sales because of postage before.

As far as being on the internet from different sites ~ some shipping is reasonable but I would much rather pay a little extra (just a little :) ) to help members on the board!! I have been known to let a member know if I think it would be cheaper to ship another way!

I will have to look into the larger parcel post boxes if I ever have a fabric sale again..Thanks Deb~what kind of boxes do you use? Does it have to be a certain size? I know I have used FedEx on at least one of my big shipments and saved quite a bit. Had to be careful though about dimensions of box.

Thanks to all for your input. :D
Old 01-09-2011, 06:28 AM

I try to make it as cheap as possible to ship money is tight and I appreciate a sale enough to try to help out the buyer