Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Premier + software question... >

Premier + software question...

Premier + software question...

Old 09-13-2017, 06:20 AM

Default Premier + software question...

I have a Pfaff Creative 4.5 and need new software. I have the old 3D right now. The feature. Am interested in is the "turning clip art" into a sewable pattern. Have you had any experience doing this. I can't find anything online showing how this is done. I appreciate your input!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:28 AM

Premier + Extra is the software I'm am thinking about.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Premier + 2 was just released. It was available until Aug. 31 with a 20% discount. You might want to check that out-and you may be able to get the previous version (Premier +) at a sale price now, since the new one just came out this month. The version you have does not have an upgrade price, so you would have to buy the full version, which is quite expensive. The nice thing about the new version is that you don't have to use a dongle with it, and it can be loaded on two computers.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:58 AM

I have the +2 ultra, just downloaded it last week. Upgraded from ultra, does have a few more features. So far I like it, I upgraded so I could use a windows pc or a Mac. No dongle. Stared a few years ago with 4d, have upgraded a number of times. This is my last upgrade! Lol. You can do many, many creative with the software! I just had all my manuals printed and bound so I can study in my down time! It is expensive, I can only say, buy the best you can afford because once you see all the features, you may want more and more! Yep, that's me!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM

The new software that just came out does make auto digitizing much easier to do. Back when your 3D came out you needed a separate program to do it, but now it's much easier with just one program. I definitely recommend purchasing from a dealer that offers classes since it has come a long way from 3D. This version will be my last one, too! It's very exciting.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:56 AM

I started off with 4D that came with my machine, upgraded to 5D at a high cost and then they came out with 6, I didn't upgrade, it was almost the cost of the original, not an upgrade. I went with Floriani Total Control, the nice thing about that, there is tons of free learning on their site, more added each month, free upgrades so I never have to worry about being out of date, and no dongle to worry about. There are things that I love about 5D Pro that aren't done in floriani yet but then there are things in my new software that aren't in 5D.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:08 AM

I ended up buying the program and haven't had a class yet. But being pretty familiar with the process I can't seem to figure out how to preview multiple designs in a folder. They showed me in the store but my Explorer won't open them that way. I must be missing some setting. My Explorer screen doesn't look the same as the ones in tutorials. Is there any other way to view them in the Premier + program?