Pressed Paper

Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by Ditter43
Those are so neat!!.Is that just tissue paper like you use in gift bags! No glue just water? How many layers of paper does it take? I know I have tissue paper in a lot of colors! My brain is on create now and the ideas are flying through!! Thanks!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Well I think you can use the wrapping tissue paper ..I used kleenex tissues and there is info for using toilet paper...I have not done a lot so far...hoping to get more info..no glue just layers of the paper pretty wet and you press it well into the mold..I used at least 10 layers of paper ...as I find more info I will post it
http://heartkeepercommonroom.blogspo...r-casting.html
http://www.kid-at-art.com/htdoc/lesson42.html
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Pretty!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Something else to add to my ever growing project list!
I just would love to make some Christmas ornaments using this method!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM

I used to make those years ago. I still have a bunch of those cookie molds.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Using Tissue sound so much easier than I used to do it. I would use Water color paper, blend it in warm water and then scoop it out and press into the molds. It could get quite messy!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 AM

I've used toilet paper for a lot of things around the house. When mixed with paint or glue it is as hard as wood when dry. I've used it in my older house where the cabinet shelves have pulled a half inch or so away from the walls. Mixed the same paint I was using on the boards with toilet paper to make a dough like mass, pressed and smoothed it into the crevices and it is still hard after 30 or so years. Can hardly tell where the shelf ends and the wall begins.

I suspect that with the water, a touch of Elmer's glue would make these strong and more permanent. I like them. I wonder if adding a touch of food coloring to the water might make them a soft color that will go with the "old fashioned" look that I love from memories of my childhood. Probably have to put down a piece of plastic wrap first, to keep it from glueing itself to the mold permanently.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I've used toilet paper for a lot of things around the house. When mixed with paint or glue it is as hard as wood when dry. I've used it in my older house where the cabinet shelves have pulled a half inch or so away from the walls. Mixed the same paint I was using on the boards with toilet paper to make a dough like mass, pressed and smoothed it into the crevices and it is still hard after 30 or so years. Can hardly tell where the shelf ends and the wall begins.

I suspect that with the water, a touch of Elmer's glue would make these strong and more permanent. I like them. I wonder if adding a touch of food coloring to the water might make them a soft color that will go with the "old fashioned" look that I love from memories of my childhood. Probably have to put down a piece of plastic wrap first, to keep it from glueing itself to the mold permanently.
http://www.brownbagcookiemolds.com/crafting.shtml I thought this was a nice idea also...
Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM

those are so nice, love them.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 PM

very nice, love them
Old 11-04-2010, 05:55 PM

WOW! This would be an awesome project to do with grandkids. I had never seen this type of craft, so Thank You for sharing.