Price changes

Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Banned

O.k., our store is going for a remodel next month. So we figure things will be on sale, some items we will no longer carry.
Yesterday my mgr comes over and we have 500 price changes ---- in fabrics! YEAH! :thumbup: WRONG :thumbdown: The prices have all gone UP! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mind you this is Walmart! So much for "Rollback".
We also have 135 other price changes to work on in the craft section of our department.

I don't know if the price increase is due to the cotton prices going up, or just the company's way of when they do go on sale they won't loose as much. The prices jumped from a few pennies to a dollar increase on a couple of them!

Next time you shop check the prices carefully. I bought a few things quickly before the prices jumped! Pellon and battings and such stayed the same price.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 AM

I sure wish my WalMart still had fabric. Even with a price increase it's probably still more affordable than my LQS. I'm relying more and more on my stash but now and then I still need to buy more.
I hope I don't have to give up my favorite hobby.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, I guess we will have to save $ and buy accordingly
Old 05-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Google Goddess

our Walmart got rid of fabric and expanded the electronic department, we don't shop there now
Old 05-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the warning! Our little Walmart just got passed to become a SuperWalmart, so I am hoping they dont take the fabric dept away....I really like the craft?fabric section there!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 AM

Yesterday my mgr comes over and we have 500 price changes ---- in fabrics! YEAH! :thumbup: WRONG :thumbdown: The prices have all gone UP! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Right - the butter we always use to get went up $1.00 for a tub!! ONE DOLLAR!!!!With all the $$$$ they spend on advertising with "Durell" they could afford to either keep or lower the prices. RIP OOOOOOOOOFF!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:46 AM
JJs
Banned

I think those "we lower prices everyday" commercials hysterical anyway - they only lower something AFTER they raised it in the first place....
or they lower one thing after raising the price of another... they neglect to mention all the prices they raise.

we've been doing our grocery shopping in a real grocery store - at least the meat packages aren't so scary! with the 'balloon' look of the plastic wrap and oily sheen on the meat... yuk - not appetizing at all
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 AM

Do you also notice the amount they are putting in the containers is shrinking ? the one pound tub of margarine is now 15 oz. The way they shape the bottles now , the bottom comes up more in the center; so they don't have to fill it as much . Makes you think you are getting the same amount as before.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 AM

My local quilt shop owner said they haven't heard anything about prices going up this summer. I just asked her last Friday at our Material Girls night.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

I have learned with WalMart you have to watch what you are buying , they are not always the lowest prices :roll:

As for the fabric, if they raise the prices, it stops selling as well and then they can say see it is not profitable so we need to get rid of it :hunf: