Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Prices for American girl doll sweaters and hats?? >

Prices for American girl doll sweaters and hats??

Prices for American girl doll sweaters and hats??

Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftybear
very cute and I would say $19.00 for a set or price them 2 sets for $35.00 (as everyone likes a bargain)
Now that is a very good idea!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:03 AM

Well, that sounds so cheap to me. Knitting may be a pleasure for you but it is a talent. You should be well compensated for it. What would be a good hourly wage to you? Remember you also need to package and ship these items, so you need to figure the time that takes too.

Is a long evening in front of the TV set about 3-4 hours? And can you package up a set and get to the post office and back in an hour? I think getting less than $5 an hour plus materials is really under-selling your time and your talent.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Well, that sounds so cheap to me. Knitting may be a pleasure for you but it is a talent. You should be well compensated for it. What would be a good hourly wage to you? Remember you also need to package and ship these items, so you need to figure the time that takes too.

Is a long evening in front of the TV set about 3-4 hours? And can you package up a set and get to the post office and back in an hour? I think getting less than $5 an hour plus materials is really under-selling your time and your talent.
thanks ,well for me it is something mindless i can do to use up yarns i have and want to not waste them really and this is ideal size to work on..as far as the postoffice..so far all i have mailed i do when i am right near the post office about 1 mile frm my house so that isn't too bad...i am not really doing it for the money as much as something easy to work on and fill time in front of tv with dh or while traveling etc...sure will not get rich off it and not want to try to make a living but it is a good way to use up yarn etc.