Print Screen

Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM

We have had a PC in our home from about 1983. My husband learned DOS from that. But in the early 1990s with Windows he had to learn the new way of doing things. We took a Windows course thru the local community college and learned how Windows works. DH would much rather do everything via DOS.

I use Windows XP. So many things I use I learned the basics in that Windows course so many years ago. I believe that everyone should take some kind of Windows course if they plan on using a computer. I use the copy and paste function EVERY day.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 PM

LOL......definitely DOS! I learned Windows 98 very well and then it went downhill from there.....I have XP now and I'm still finding stuff.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by KarenSimon
DH would much rather do everything via DOS.
Those were the days when men were men and computers were computers! I'm a great fan of DOS from way back and a knowledge of it still helps when working with Windows. Also, DOS computers didn't require all the memory, speed and size that's needed now! :?: Or maybe I'm just antiquated! :?:
Old 05-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

The first time I seen DOS in regards to computers? I thought it was "DO's" and I asked my DB the computer expert, where are the "DON'Ts" :oops: :roll: :lol::lol:
Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM

OH GOOD GOLLY!!! I've been frustrated for YEARS with that key!!!! I thought it was a waste of space until today!!! LOLLOLOL
Old 05-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

DB just explained it to me last summer :oops: :roll: I was trying to copy a picture with out any luck, and click, click, click.... I felt like a dumb cluck, cluck, cluck LOL
Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM

I learned DOS back in the early 90s when I went to school for software. I'd be hard pressed to remember half of the commands now, or get them in the right order! Has anyone else noticed the C:\ prompt is now buried under Accessories in modern Windows versions?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:12 AM

Here's a mini-tut on it. What you're doing is basically capturing an "image" of the screen onto your clipboard. Then you paste that image into another program to manipulate/reproduce the image and save it from there is an image format, i.e., GIF, TIF, JPEG (JPG), etc.

Here's the link: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

Hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I learned DOS back in the early 90s when I went to school for software. I'd be hard pressed to remember half of the commands now, or get them in the right order! Has anyone else noticed the C:\ prompt is now buried under Accessories in modern Windows versions?
Another way to activate the C:\ is to click on the Start button and then the Run option. In the Open line key in cmd and click OK.