Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A "Nattyism" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22nattyism%22-t99354.html)

litacats 02-13-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
Can remember when DD was small. I was trying to get her say oatmeal. Her reply oki moke? I tried having her repeat each sylable...oat ..she says oat......meal I say, she says meal.. I say oatmeal she says oki moke. LOL

My DD couldn't say tomato she used to say tusmato so we would make her say tom ato and she would say tom ato then we would say tomato and she would say tusmato. kids can be so funny

sewwhat85 02-13-2011 08:26 AM

those are so funny

KathyAire 02-13-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
.... and one son always said peanuts instead of penis. .

And, I'm sure you are so thankful that it wasn't the other way around.
I do love to hear the things that kids say.
I have a friend that told me her little girl asked 'do werewolves live in ware houses"? She answered 'no'. Syd then said 'what are warehouses for then'?

Jan in VA 02-13-2011 08:57 AM

Baby girl, now a pediatrician, used to say:
whoa-whoas for her slippers
la-la for water from the faucet
powwie for her pillow.
It was when she started calling individually wrapped bubblegum, "Cut down bubble gum" that we were really confused. It took years but she finally told us, "You know, Mom, we always bought it in the little roadside store where they were doing the road work and had cut down all those trees." LOL!! :D

Older daughter, now a teacher, used to go with us in Daddy's O-cedes (mercedes) to buy O-fries (french fries). Never have figured that one out. :?

Jan in VA

wytetygeress 02-13-2011 09:03 AM

My 18 months old now says pita pita for please, Ash's ash's then proceeds to fall down. Choo-choo for Thomas,hugition for chuggingtin. He says a lot of cute stuff. Can't understand most of it.

Riversong 02-13-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
When my 18 yr old son was 4, he came home from tot lot where he he had learned Row Row Row your Boat. As we drove home he was so proud of what he he had learned he just had to sing it to me. He sings it spot on perfect until he got to the Merrily, Merrily, Merrily part. He sang, Merrily Merrily Merrily, life is down the street.

:)

sueisallaboutquilts 02-13-2011 09:57 AM

Once my sis was driving on the interstate and said "I wish that guy would get off my tail".
Her son exclaimed "Mommy, I didn't know you had a tail!!! "
I could write pages of the things my boys said. They are etched in my memory :)

Kas 02-13-2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
My daughter would say yesternight instead of last night, no matter how much I tried to change it, and one son always said peanuts instead of penis. Little ones say the cutest words, and I bet we are going to hear a bunch with this post. Looking forward to what others share.

My daughter said "lasterday" instead of yesterday! At Halloween time, Sam's Club had a mummy statue thing that had eyes that glowed and it moaned. Heather wanted to go to "Sam's Glove to see the dummy" We still crack up over that one.

Sapphire_Rae 02-13-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Once my sis was driving on the interstate and said "I wish that guy would get off my tail".
Her son exclaimed "Mommy, I didn't know you had a tail!!! "
I could write pages of the things my boys said. They are etched in my memory :)

You should write them. My 15 yr old still likes to take trips down memory lane with us and hear all the silly things he did or funny words he said.

goldsberry921 02-13-2011 11:28 AM

My eldest granddaughter would say 'bosquito" instead of mosquito.

The youngest would say piggy chips for pork rinds.