Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Preferred" parking...grrr! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22preferred%22-parking-grrr-t86772.html)

Grandma Phyl 01-02-2011 08:52 AM

Seen a male park in an expectant mother parking spot I looked him in the eye and shook my head he just had a dumb look on his face. I wanted so bad to ask him when he was due??? the jerk

wolph33 01-02-2011 08:53 AM

ya that bugs me too

Debra Mc 01-02-2011 09:32 AM

These same idoits do it at the daycare & pre school. They park in the drive thru when everybody is dropping off at the door & makes a major mess. I would like to kick their behinds.

sewwhat85 01-02-2011 09:37 AM

lol

Rhonda 01-02-2011 09:48 AM

I HATE it when I park the van with my DHs wheelchair in the back in one of those long parking spaces and someone parks right up to my bumper in the no parking lines behind the van. I can't get the W/C out or in the van. It is so inconsiderate down right illegal!

I did complain to the security cop at Walmart and he went out and looked at it and did NOTHING!! I have had to wait for that person to come out and move their vehicle to get my DH's W/C in the van.

Walmart's parking lot is not public property so the cops can't do anything about it unless there is an accident. That is what the security guy told me. I was so upset!!

I try to not park in them anymore because it just upsets me so much not to be able to get in and out of the van. I wouldn't be quite so upset if they at least leave room to open my tail gate and have enough space to move the W/C but no they park right up to within a couple of feet of the end of the van in a no parking space where there are clearly lines!! I so wish they would get ticketed and or towed!! I don't care if that person is handicapped or not. They are still being inconsiderate and illegal!!

Rhonda 01-02-2011 09:54 AM

We saw on TV where they are ticketing people for parking in a handicapped spot with the handicapped person in the car if that handicapped person stays in the car and doesn't get out. If the driver is the only one getting out then you can get fined for it. But I still park in them when Glen is with me because he might decide to get out. If we stop at Walmart and he stays in the car if he decides while I am in there to get out and go use the bathroom then he has a right to park close whether he does or doesn't get out. Just the fact that it makes it possible for him should be enough to make it ok to park there. I don't use his sticker if he is not with me. But his condition is that he can be fine one moment and not fine the next. Or he can feel not good enough to get out but it could change or he could change his mind and he deserves the opportunity to be able to do that.

quiltmom04 01-02-2011 10:28 AM

Don't mean handicapped parking - even when my dad had the handicapped tag, when he got to the point of needing us to push him in the wheelchair, I'd park farther out, so someone who was not so moblie could use the Handicapped parking. I mean the chick with the 4" spike heels who is too good to park in the regular lot like the rest of us to get her coffee, and has to park on the curb. (well, I guess 'cause the walk in in those heels would be too much!)

Debra Mc 01-02-2011 10:39 AM

When she gets a $250.00 to $500.00 fine for parking in the fire lane she might learn. We knew what you meant.

Charlee 01-02-2011 11:05 AM

I can see parking in the fire zone IF the driver doesn't leave the car, just to load/unload people...less than a minute kind of thing.

What annoys me? Motorcycles parked on the sidewalks. I've yet to see one get a ticket, but I'd sure like to!!

lynnie 01-02-2011 11:19 AM

i hate when people park inthe handicapped spots, worse yet, when the cops do

sometimes, some of us limp, sometimes our meds kick in and we can almost walk normal
some of us are sever asthametics and use air cond in the winter to breath,(a friend of mine had a severe condition, and died from not being able to breath in the hot air)