Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

purplemem 01-29-2010 07:30 AM

OOPS! :oops:
Weight back up to 280 today and blood sugar was 179. But blood pressure was perfect 122/82!!

Today is supposed to be my "active" day, it is sleeting and I won't be leaving the house. I think I'll do a load of laundry, even tho the machine does the work, it is bending and folding and walking to put away.

Keep going everybody! Put that body in motion! Even two steps is better than nothing.

Aunt Doggie 01-29-2010 10:10 AM

Do you think we have TOO Many for an Olympic Team??? :lol: :lol:

The eating is one thing, the excersizing when it is 10 below is the depressing part!

Quilt Mom 01-29-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Keep going everybody! Put that body in motion! Even two steps is better than nothing.

I'm glad you said that! I am struggling. Remembering that two steps is better than nothing is a help to me.

Thanks! :thumbup:

purplemem 01-29-2010 10:33 AM

Sometimes two steps is all the energy we have. Just take 5 minutes to stretch and wiggle. Set your timer.

If we are not going forwards, we are going backwards.

Alu_Rathbone 01-29-2010 12:37 PM

Laundry is a good idea for today! I think I shall do some!
nice form of exercise... up and down four flights of stairs!

Lneal 01-29-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone

I just checked and you can burn 441 calories an hour for doing laundry going up and down the stairs! So, that's a good choice today Rathbone!!

Alu_Rathbone 01-29-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone

I just checked and you can burn 441 calories an hour for doing laundry going up and down the stairs! So, that's a good choice today Rathbone!!

Lets add that to the walk I took today to the library and then to the grocery and then home... so about 600-700 all together...

BrendaB 01-29-2010 11:29 PM

I'm off to a bit of a slow start/ For me, not eating anything past 6:00 is a big deal. I work late hours, and when I get frustrated, I want ice cream. Tonight I resisted any munchies at all. I'm looking forward to tomorrow being even better. Way to go everyone! You all are doing great! It is so much fun to hear of everyone's progress.

Mrs. Mel 01-30-2010 04:44 AM

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I lost 3.2 pounds this week. I also picked up the dress I would like to wear for my daughters wedding. Yikes! I couldn't get it over my hips, let alone doing up the zipper. Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew (no pun intended) : )

[quote=BrendaB]I'm off to a bit of a slow start/ For me, not eating anything past 6:00 is a big deal.

I am the same way BrendaB; munching at night is one of my worst habits.

Jeanclark 01-30-2010 05:08 AM

[quote=Mrs. Mel]YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I lost 3.2 pounds this week. I also picked up the dress I would like to wear for my daughters wedding. Yikes! I couldn't get it over my hips, let alone doing up the zipper. Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew (no pun intended) : )

Originally Posted by BrendaB
I'm off to a bit of a slow start/ For me, not eating anything past 6:00 is a big deal.

I am the same way BrendaB; munching at night is one of my worst habits.

YOU CAN DO IT! i LIKE TO MUNCH LATE AFTERNOON.