Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   35 years later . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/35-years-later-t118451.html)

QuiltNama 04-25-2011 04:58 AM

On the 21st we celebrated our 25th anniversary. Still very happy with him.
Brenda

keesha_ont 04-25-2011 05:13 AM

Happily married since 1991 - thats the last time I saw him!! In a wonderful relationship for 16 years!

GGrammie 04-25-2011 05:16 AM

Congrat...
47 years....And they said it wouldn't last.
3 girls, 8 grand kids , 2 great grand babies...
Couldn't do any better.

stylesmax 04-25-2011 05:23 AM

been married 48 years dec. 7th he was to young to get married in our state had to have mothers premission. 3 children and seven grands. would have a hard time without himbecause he is the wind beneath my wings.

bjgallent 04-25-2011 05:28 AM

51 and counting. Got married when I was 18 and he was 21. Everyone said we were too young. Maybe we were but it has worked out.

K.P. 04-25-2011 05:46 AM

My husband and I have been together 33 years, marrying him was the best decision I ever made, have not regreted it once, he is wonderful. Some of my friends say all men are
'_ _ _holes', but my suggestion is to just have to find the right one. We ALL have flaws, the key to a happy marriage is to find somene whose flaws you can deal, and remember he is doing the same...

quilt crazee 04-25-2011 06:17 AM

today(the 24th) is our 40th anniversary!All those years ago I didn't want to get married-wasn't in my "plan"--he always said he knew from day 1.....all these years later we still love each other so much!He told me 5-7 years ago, he's going to come back as a chef & WE needed to figure out, who, what I'm coming back as , -because he needed to spend another lifetime with me, as 1 was not enough!My friends were so green!! so to the next.....

damaquilts 04-25-2011 06:26 AM

its so nice to see all the long marriages.

mhansen6 04-25-2011 06:37 AM

We have been married 35 years. I have never regretted marrying my husband. We have had our difficulites, but what marriage doesn't. But I still can't imagine being married to anyone else. One thing about my husband that is so sexy is that he makes me laugh. He also would buy me the moon if I asked for it. He is a wonderful provider and great companion.
I am a very lucky lady.

3TreeFrog 04-25-2011 06:37 AM

I have been married 20 years July will be our anniversary making the 21st. I fell in love with my husband one day and have not stopped falling for him. He is my friend, my confident, my lover, my partner in everything we do however most of all he is my support system in whatever the "problem" may be. I count my blessings that we have each other today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life!

I just wish this kind of happiness for my son when he is ready to find a life long partner.

TreeFrog