Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   35 years later . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/35-years-later-t118451.html)

Airwick156 04-24-2011 07:33 PM

I have been married for 3243 days. Or 8 years 10 months 2 weeks and 3 days. We got married on his birthday, June 7, 2002 which also happens to be my sisters birthday also. Plus is the day that my parents moved us to Oregon in 1972.

Charles is my third and final husband. There will be no more. The first 2 died on the same weekend but 2 years apart. The first one from Sirrohisis of the Liver, and the second one from bladder cancer.

I knew way before I even met Charles that I was going to marry him someday. I don't know how I knew that but I did.

The very first time I layed eyes on him I was stopped at a stop light in one lane and he was 2 lanes over stopped at the same stop light. He never looked over at me, but I remember thinking oh hes hot and Im going to marry that man someday.

Well that someday came when I was working for a lady and her and I went to the Moose Lodge together to play bingo...and who happened to be the cashier? Non other then Charles. I swear this is the truth. I walked up to him and flat out looked at him as serious as I could be and said "You and I are going to get married someday". We dated a few times and then one day he says "Do you still want to marry me?" Well naturally I said YES. And we got married.
Charles is and I believe this with all my heart, my soul mate. Life is good for us because we make it good. There are ups and downs like every marriage has. Charles is a disabled Veteran with mental health problems from the Vietnam War. But you know I DO NOT KNOW him any other way then he is now and always has been. Who knows, I may not have liked him back then.

linken 04-24-2011 08:32 PM

42 in July to the same guy :)

Wine Woman 04-24-2011 08:32 PM

To all of you-a very big thank you! and Congratulations to all of you! Some of us started at such a young age and we are still adding years to our marraige. It's wonderful to see we are all still working at it.

I'm sad and sorry for you who have lost your loved one - your soul mate. You just never know who might come into your life. Keep those eyes wide open!

I wish all of you many more wonderful years together! :thumbup: :thumbup:

sewingsuz 04-24-2011 09:23 PM

It will be 38 yrs this dec

janethagy 04-24-2011 09:30 PM

I will be married 45 years on the 28th of May. Married when I was 15 and still married to the same guy. We have had our hard times, and good times and I wouldnt change any of it... Have been so very blessed, he is still my best friend!!

crafty_linda_b 04-24-2011 09:45 PM

DH & I just celebrated 43 years on March 15th. We dated for 4 years before we married. I met him at an auto accident!! His sister had the accident in front of where I lived. I actually knew his older brother before I met him. His brother worked at a gas station near where I lived.
We have 3 grown children also 5 grand children. We have been thru rough years and good years. When our 25th wedding anniversary was coming up, I told him we should have a big wedding because we ran off to Reno to get married. He just looked at me and said "NO WAY, I am not making that mistake twice!" We laugh about that now..
crafty_linda_b

wanda lou 04-24-2011 09:59 PM

Congrats everyone, it will be 29 years for me and my honey.
happy everafter, we are the best of friends.

joy 04-24-2011 10:54 PM

Will have been married 56 years this coming October... Have three children and six grandchildren.... time flies when you are having fun !!!

gzuslivz 04-24-2011 11:24 PM

DH and I met on a blind date set up by my sister and his best friend (who were dating at the time). We were engaged 2 weeks after we met and married 6 mos. after we met. It will be 25 years in September. When my mom met him, she told me, "He's a keeper!" She was right!!

Edie 04-25-2011 02:52 AM

We will be married 51 years this coming June! Edie