Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   35th Anniversary (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/35th-anniversary-t218361.html)

tessagin 04-07-2013 12:02 PM

Just want to see family!

RobertaMarie 04-07-2013 01:11 PM

anniversary

:o
Loving one another is what we do. Have been doing it since April 13, 1952!! Last year, shortly after our anniversary, we were sharing a rehab room after each of us had open heart surgery (two weeks apart)... Jack laughingly told the nurses that most people take a cruise, and here we are sharing a rehab room. We are still happily married and looking forward to several more years! Good luck and God bless!! Sixty-one and counting. I am so lucky to have my sweet husband.
Roberta

jeanharville 04-07-2013 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5981023)
Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire :)

LOL. Thanks for the chuckle :D

wraez 04-07-2013 01:54 PM

We just celebrated our 42nd last month and went out for lunch (we both love fish, I love shrimp and lobster), but not on the actual day. That doesn't bother me anymore, tho it did the first few years we were married. Now even if we are a week late, so what, it isn't about the 'day' but about our wonderful life together.

Just have a great time doing what YOU and hubby love to do .. together

Grammie Sharon 04-07-2013 03:44 PM

We just celebrated our 35th on April 1 and that's no joke. We went out to dinner. What made it extra special on EAster Sunday after mass we renewed our vows. That was special.

carolaug 04-07-2013 03:48 PM

30 years here...we decided to purchase a new front door for our gift. We need no special gifts for ourselfs...if we want something we just get it...but when buying for the house we decided together.

Mousie 04-07-2013 05:41 PM

I had to count how many years...this will be 36.
I'm going home to demand where my 35th anniversary present is and there will be violence if I don't get the right answer! :D
wait...we don't exchange gifts...well, why not?
Who made up that rule?
I demand: FABRIC :p
(of course like every other celebration I will be doing the shopping myself. That's O-K...maybe I'll let him off the hook after all ;) )

Sunnie 04-07-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5981023)
Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire :)

Luv it !!!!!

Sunnie 04-07-2013 06:00 PM

We haven't done anything really special since our 25th when my husband bought me an eternity ring. So this past December was 45 year (plus we sold our house two days before) so we decided a trip to Ireland was to be our celebration. We will be going in September.

Just Barb 04-07-2013 07:29 PM

Like "mythreesuns" we would have celebrated our 53rd anniversary this year on July 1st. We never exchanged gifts as such. Seven kids didn't leave a whole of money. Sometimes we would go out to eat without children. Sometimes to a movie. We just made sure we spent the time together. DH has been gone for almost 10 years. Just love each other and enjoy every day that you have together.