Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   39 states in the USA under a winter storm advisory right now, How is your Weather? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/39-states-usa-under-winter-storm-advisory-right-now-how-your-weather-t89483.html)

Quiltaddict 01-12-2011 08:20 PM

Here is sunny southern California it was around 70 degrees today. Guess I can't complain when our temps go down into the 50's. HA

Alondra 01-12-2011 08:22 PM

No snow in Houston, but last night it was 22 degrees, and same tonight... for us, that's pretty c-o-l-d! Brrrr....

Dotsie 01-13-2011 12:36 AM

Here we can't believe what we here and see from all over the world. My heart goes out to all of you suffering from cold, WATER, storms and all the tragedies. We also have floods but nothing to compare to Oz. Cold yes in winter and perhaps one day snow but very seldom and not in all the provinces. May God bless you in this harsh times.

mommafank 01-13-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Carol B
Hi, hope you guys are OK. Continually look at the snow forecasts for the USA and think what great quilting weather.
I live in Adelaide South Australia and in the north of our country (Queensland) at the moment we are experiencing severe flooding with thousands of homes inundated with water. There are whole families missing as whole houses were swept away by the force of the water surge and we all hope and pray they are found alive and well, however the reality is that some will not be. The Brisbane River flooded a lot of the CBD early this morning and the news reports say that up to 11,000 houses have been affected by the floods. Our great Aussie spirit is well and truly coming to the fore, with volunteers helping wherever they are needed and acts of kindness abounding.

We have nothing to complain about compared to this in your country...............such a tragedy. Be safe fellow quilter.

gramquilter2 01-13-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee

Originally Posted by gramquilter2

Originally Posted by Robinlee

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
North Dakota is COLD and we have so much snow there is no place to move it too.

You got that right. At 4pm today, near Dickinson, ND it was 2* above 0, now it is nearly 8pm and I can't believe it's up to 4* above 0. Yippee, almost jacket weather..........

It has been below ZERO in Bismarck all day and the wind makes it worce!

It started getting real windy here about noon. So yea, the wind chill was lower.

Bismarck is finally ABOVE zero, the sun is shining for the first time in weeks, not too much wind, and it is NOT snowing!!

quilterfly 01-13-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
Since my son lives in Hawaii, I would guess Hawii HAS NO SNOW..... :)

Well, the weatherman said Hawaii has snow on the moutains. So Florida is the answer.

JoanneS 01-13-2011 01:47 PM

Sunny and clear - now you know why I'm not in CT during the winter!

mommafank 01-13-2011 01:56 PM

Just have to share this-----this is the 4th day the mail has not run here near Atlanta-------------Hello---it was only a small snow storm!

Mandie 01-13-2011 02:00 PM

Here in Oregon (Portland area) we just have rain and more rain with a temp around 50.

jeank 01-13-2011 02:03 PM

How are the roads in the Atlanta area? We want to leave Michigan for Florida on Saturday and need to drive through Atlanta.

Jean

Originally Posted by mommafank
Just have to share this-----this is the 4th day the mail has not run here near Atlanta-------------Hello---it was only a small snow storm!