Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   45 record (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/45-record-t104297.html)

drdolly 03-03-2011 05:50 AM

I have a friend who repairs old juke boxes and is always lookiing for the 45's to put in them.

Connie in CO 03-03-2011 05:59 AM

Let me think about selling this 45 with Elvis.Connie in CO

watterstide 03-03-2011 06:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
i have a juke box and over 1000- 45's. mostly motown.
i bought it out of an old bar near detroit, that was going to be being torn down.
the juke box quit working, i think it blew a fuse.

cherrio 03-03-2011 06:21 AM

oh don't just toss em. an ad in the paper or a note on the bulletin board (office, grocery store?) might find someone with an old juke box. we have one and the grandkids love to "dance". they are all under 5 and it it so cute! someone will love the records.

Grandmama Pat 03-03-2011 06:24 AM

I don't know if they make the fuses that would fit your jukebox anymore, but I'd bet you could find it on-line. I'd fix it and play those records.

Miss Priss 03-03-2011 06:54 AM

Don't throw them away. Put them on E-Bay or Craigs list. There are a lot of people collecting them. I have 78's.

44quiltlady 03-03-2011 08:01 AM

What's on the other side of Hound Dog? Nice memory of my late father. He loved the flip side and now I can't remember the title. Thanks.

momcpo 03-03-2011 08:03 AM

Brings back memories....

meow meow 03-03-2011 09:01 AM

Oh wow memories. I have tons of 45's and LP's not to mention some 8 tracks and lots of cassettes and now cd's. We used to have a bar with the disco lights on front that had an am/fm radio, turn table and 8 track player. A few years ago I needed space for other stuff and so I offered to sell the dumb thing but no takers and my kids wanted the music but the stereo bar it just sat for years and years in the corner of our den. Finally a few years ago, my nephew, who is an avid Kareokee fan and collects stuff came by and I told him hey you want it and he said yes. He added the cd player to it, his kareokee machine set up, I gave him the 8 tracks (some of which my brother, his father had made for us) and put it in his man cave where they have lots of fun with music and old songs. didn't give him my 45s or lps or cassettes but may consider it some day. Oh such memories!! H
Hey Connie how is the show in Pueblo coming along is it still on for the first weekend in April? I am hoping to be there if at all possible.

tigger5464 03-03-2011 09:29 AM

I have my Mom's old collection of 45's. There are a few Elvis in there with the "Sun" label on them. ;) Maybe worth a penny or two? ;) I also have the LP of Blue Hawaii that is blue vinyl in my collection. I know that my kids will never get rid of these things as they grew up listening to the same music as I did. Also have Patsy Cline's Walking, After Midnight from my Mom on a 45. :)