Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Adoption (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/adoption-t74423.html)

aorlflood 11-05-2010 08:23 PM

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Ileen 11-05-2010 10:49 PM

I Am So Happy For You And Your Family. God Bless ,Yes God is Good All The Time.He my not Come When you call him But he is always on time. And When he Puts you on hold Don't Hang Up!!!!!!

jbud2 11-06-2010 03:43 AM

Our son and wife adopted a little girl from Guatemala. When they brought her home, she was 9 months old. What fun we have wirh her! When she looks at me and says "I love you Grams" I melt. They would like to adopt another child from Guatemala but the government there has closed adoptions. Our little one was cared for by a foster mother and had the best of care since an agency was invovled. She has her own drawer besides Gram's sewing machine with things she 'found' - small scissors, thimbles, ruler. She pulls the pins out for me when I am sewing things together. One day she said to me, 'Grams, let's go in your sewing room!" aw shucks. . . .

sumcoop 11-06-2010 04:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am a mother of 2 by adoption and I can't imagining loving biological children any more...they have blessed my life with love that surpasses any I know. Congratulations!!!!

God is Good! Enjoy being grandparents!

then
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119730[/ATTACH]

now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119731[/ATTACH]

plainpat 11-06-2010 05:36 AM

Beautiful family!We can hardly remember what it was like before our Grson joined us.He's enriched our lives in so many ways.He will grad this yr & Grma/Grpa will be there front & center.

Originally Posted by sumcoop
I am a mother of 2 by adoption and I can't imagining loving biological children any more...they have blessed my life with love that surpasses any I know. Congratulations!!!!

God is Good! Enjoy being grandparents!

JCL in FL 11-06-2010 05:52 PM

Congratulation! We all know it takes more than birthing to make a Mom. I'm happy for you all.

EdieClay 11-06-2010 05:58 PM

How wonderful! Thanks to God for His grace and prayers to the birth mom or moms who were brave enough to give these precious children the gift of a good home with loving parents AND grandparents.

Charlee 11-06-2010 06:00 PM

There's nothing quite like being a Grandma, is there? Congrats and ENJOY!! :)

maryb119 11-06-2010 07:21 PM

Grandkids are a gift from God no matter how we get them. Two of mine are the dredded word "step". We don't use that word. The only steps in our home are the ones comming in the front door. Love is all that matters. Congratulations!

Gramof6 11-06-2010 07:31 PM

A huge CONGRATULATIONS from us. Your life will never be the same & I mean that in a wonderful way. Our DS & DDIL adopted 2 little boys at birth 5 & 8 years ago and those boys are the light of my life. It was a long drawn out process, but we had faith and a lot of prayer that it would all work out. And it did. And we could not love these little guys any more than we do.