Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any other teachers starting the countdown to the end of school? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-other-teachers-starting-countdown-end-school-t123401.html)

sandyo 05-17-2011 03:29 AM

I'm at 12, Day off for Son's wedding, Still alot to get done!

caspoohbear 05-17-2011 04:20 AM

I'm a PT in the schools, and even though I work all summer back at the hospital, I have been ocunting the days for about two months! I love my kids, but one of my schools is 80minutes drive each way.

Kimcatlou 05-17-2011 04:53 AM

Oh yes, I remember the wonderful yearly ending of school. After 28 years of teaching (with 10 years off to rear my children--well, I did continue to rear them) I retired in 1992.
As we teachers waved goodbye to the buses and cars, the school secretary always put the "Halleluja Chorus" on the PA system. What fun!
Be prepared--as impossible as it seems, I tend to be even busier since I retired! Involvement in volunteer activities, various projects for family, quilting, etc.
Good luck and have fun in your retirement!

Oh, yes--I have 2 daughters still teaching. I sometimes get involved in helping them at school.

Bebe

Kimcatlou 05-17-2011 04:54 AM

Oh yes, I remember the wonderful yearly ending of school. After 28 years of teaching (with 10 years off to rear my children--well, I did continue to rear them) I retired in 1992.
As we teachers waved goodbye to the buses and cars, the school secretary always put the "Halleluja Chorus" on the PA system. What fun!
Be prepared--as impossible as it seems, I tend to be even busier since I retired! Involvement in volunteer activities, various projects for family, quilting, etc.
Good luck and have fun in your retirement!

Oh, yes--I have 2 daughters still teaching. I sometimes get involved in helping them at school.

Bebe

Abby'smom 05-17-2011 05:36 AM

so glad I retired 2 years ago -- but I remember those days!

Nanaof4 05-17-2011 06:42 AM

25 days for me. Let the quilting begin!

Naturalmama 05-17-2011 06:47 AM

Does homeschool count? We officially go into June, but depending on how hard we work, we'll be done in about 11 days!!

fivepaws 05-17-2011 07:35 AM

I know that our daughter can hardly wait. She loves teaching and will be teaching summer school, Bible School and Saturday school. Do you think it is in her blood? Not my side of the family but DH comes from a long line of teachers. I don't know how anyone has the patience. You are all admirable.

jitkaau 05-17-2011 07:45 AM

Been retired from that for 7 restful years...

collady 05-17-2011 07:54 AM

I am just counting until Friday. The gs I am raising graduates then. I retired 3 years ago and am SO glad! :) I counted the last year from Thanksgiving week, when I turned in my intention to retire letter to the superintendent!