Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any tent campers out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-tent-campers-out-there-t243531.html)

Moonglow 03-20-2014 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 6635785)
My idea of camping is a 5 star hotel with room service.

Totally agree. LOL

buslady 03-20-2014 04:37 AM

Roughing it!!! Yes!!! But I need an air mattress. These old bones don't like the hard ground anymore. We have access to trailer, motor home, etc. They are nice, but some of my best memories are in tents! And the most important ingredient to a successful camping trip? cooking over the open fire. Now that's living!! Have fun!

granny64 03-20-2014 04:49 AM

I don't do tents. My husband and I camp in our motorhome. We love it. I told him a long time ago I would not go camping in a tent. Glad you like it and love being close to nature.

Woodster 03-20-2014 04:57 AM

Before the economy tanked along with our bank account, we had a 40' motorhome that we used to camp in! We loved it and all the outside activities. We went up through Canada, stayed in Banff National Park for one. Moose and elk all around the place. You really get to see a lot when you camp. When I was 20, a girlfriend and I drove my convertible from Florida to Canada and camped along the way - without a tent!! Woke up one morning to see a skunk nosing around the old campfire. I laid back down very slowly and quietly! No more camping here....

Jingle 03-20-2014 07:03 AM

In the mid 80s we tent camped every weekend and a couple of weeks during the summer. Only so we could build a cabin on our country acreage. I don't do any camping and never liked it. If I want to be close to nature I go out on our back patio. Every Thanksgiving we spend at our cabin in the country with family and friends, two nights and two days. That is enough for me.

Caswews 03-20-2014 08:06 AM

Oh dear .. go buy yourself a pull behind camper ..Beats tent camping any day !!
We did a couple of years ago and have used it quite a bit. No more tent camping for me (Shower, potty,eating out of the wind -plus no back splash !LOL).
We found ours on Craigslist (if I may type that here ); the man was having back surgery, needed the monies we were going to give him less, but when we found out what was going on we gave him the full amount. He hated to give it up; but uninsured and needed the monies. DH said when he walked DH felt so bad; you could tell the man was in severe pain.
One day I will change the colors as I am not a green person at all and its green !LOL

katiebear1 03-20-2014 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Moonglow (Post 6635905)
Totally agree. LOL

So do I . at the very least a fully decked out RV.

mary quilting 03-20-2014 08:50 AM

One of our favorite places to camp is Cumberland Island Ga . You have to take your gear on a boat.
13 years ago we took our family on a camping trip to Germany, Poland Switzerland and France.We spent 4 weeks it was great. WE did rent a car But we did have our tent and gear in suit cases (it was before the air lines charged for luggage)

miriam 03-20-2014 09:11 AM

Yes we tent camp - we go to historical re-enactments! I had a business making tents...

Doggramma 03-20-2014 09:14 AM

It's been over 20 years for me. Now I couldn't get up and down in the tent without knocking it over. And both of us need to go to the bathroom at least once or twice a night. But we really loved it back then.