Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   anybody else out there who runs and quilts?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anybody-else-out-there-who-runs-quilts-t84675.html)

redkimba 12-23-2010 06:51 AM

I fell off the exercise wagon this year, but with good reason - cleaning out my ex from my house. I plan on losing a bit of weight this next year. :)

Keep up with the running & quilting - just not at the same time....

prairiequeen 12-23-2010 07:40 AM

Don't run but walk/run 3 miles a day.Enough for a old lady like me.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 12-23-2010 03:08 PM

I used to run 5 miles every day. Right now I am lucky if I walk 2-3 days a week. Among my many New Years resolutions will be to walk a minimum of 5 days a week. Running doesn't seem to be in the cards anymore......sigh.

annyroony2 12-23-2010 03:37 PM

I like to walk 2 miles a day, but this cold weather has kept me in these last few weeks. Hope I can start back in January. Last year the weather did not slow me down, but for some reason the cold has really gotten to me this year.

Boscobd 12-23-2010 07:46 PM

I used to run 4 miles a day until my knees started bothering me. Now I walk it instead - it just takes longer!

quilt-fanatic 12-24-2010 02:05 AM

Husband walks 4 miles each day without fail. I'm not quite that dedicated but go to exercise class for hour every Tues and Fri mornings.

maine ladybug 12-24-2010 07:05 AM

I've been a faithful exercise nut for most of my life. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week. Three days at the gym with weights and eliptical and 2 or 3 days with a 4 to 5 mile walk. I love it!

Greendragon6889 12-24-2010 08:09 AM

Just bought a new pair of walking shoes..New year's goal is to walk off the 20 lbs that snuck up on me..literaly. Quilt after.

Blackberry 12-24-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lystra
Hey guys, I'm a runner (albeit a slow one) who has been faithful for many years now.....I just do one race a year but excercise mainly to keep my weight down....married to a triathlete....Just found quilting this year...the 2 don't seem to go together and I get all kinds of comments from friend and relatives...disbelief about the quilting b/c I also love clothes and the mall! Just wondering if anyone else out there works out regularly.... I do some type of workout at least 4-5 times a week.....what about everyone else?

I do 5 different stretch and bend aerobic exercises early in the morning, then I ride the recumbent bicycle for 30 minutes, about 8 miles, then I sometimes get on the Wii Fit and do about 20 minutes of different aerobic/balancing exercises. I think this is tremendously helpful with managing my RA.

daylily4u 12-24-2010 11:32 AM

[quote=cjomomma]I run all the time. I run to the grocery store, I run to the post office, I run to the thrift shops, I run across town to visit my folks and I run to the bathroom sometimes. I run after my 4yr. old, I even been known to run down the street chasing one of teenagers because they thought they could out run this fat old lady. I do so much running I don't know how I ever get any quilting done. Oh wait you dont mean that kind of running!! LOL!![/

cjomomma, you r so funny :thumbup: :lol: :lol: I love this one for sure. I think all of us fit this same catagory. :lol: