Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anybody out there making Halloween Costumes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anybody-out-there-making-halloween-costumes-t233146.html)

mighty 10-25-2013 07:00 AM

Not this year, I really miss doing it!!!

michelleoc 10-25-2013 08:40 AM

My husband and I used to make costumes for my son every year (space man with lights, oxygen pack to carry candy in, tin man using dryer ducting, hercules (he called himself Percules). He is now 17 so we don't get to do it anymore. It's kind of sad, like the end of an era. He is, however, doing a zombie walk tomorrow so I'll at least get to help him with that.

Dollyo 10-25-2013 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I made my DGD a Rapunzel costume last year. She helped decorate the braided hair (yarn). It's been a number of years since I have sewed clothing. That dress is 3 dresses in one. Her teacher wanted to buy it from my DDIL for her daughter. Smart girl, she said "No".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443113[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]443112[/ATTACH]

tlambing 10-25-2013 11:52 AM

Love your Rapunzel! And that's not easy fabric to work with! I did a Jasmine costume for my daughter when she was maybe 7. I thought I'd die before I finished that one. I really have to find my pics.

Shelbie 10-25-2013 12:47 PM

I'm in the process of stitching a Barney Costume for my two year old granddaughter. She has all her mom's old Barney videos and toys and is absolutely in love with it all. I've never had a Barney lover before.

MNquiltlady 10-25-2013 05:02 PM

I made costumes for my son and daughter when they were little. My son was invited to a party last year-so I made his costume he went as a umpa lumpa from the show The chocolate factory. I thought it turned out very well, he ordered a green wig from somewhere and a girl did his makeup he really looked good for a 28 year old-he was pleased the way every thing came togather-thought forsure he would have won the 1st place prize, he lost to another-a pregnant nun(she really was pregnant), o well such is life.

DACO48 10-25-2013 05:45 PM

My daughter and I decorate her horse every year.. This year he was the magnet and she was the chick!! They got 1st place at the show.

Lyncat 10-25-2013 08:55 PM

I have made costumes for my nephews for years, but now they tell me they are too old. Luckily I now have granddaughters. The 7th month old who growls got a bear costume, and the 2 year old is going to be a little old lady. There went my dreams of fairy princess costumes. Maybe next year. I'm looking for an old pic of a costume that I made a few years ago.

Lyncat 10-26-2013 12:25 PM

House dress...size 18 months

1 Attachment(s)
I found a house dress at Goodwill and remade it for my DGD, complete with the original owner's name written with magic marker.

carolaug 10-26-2013 12:26 PM

Great costumes!