Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   anyone believe in premonitions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-believe-premonitions-t48721.html)

redquilter 06-07-2010 12:57 PM

Oh yes. Most definitely. I've had many - some good, some not so good. Now when I tell my husband about a feeling a have - he listens! Glad you are both relatively OK. Glad the bike is going!

truckers wife 06-07-2010 12:58 PM

I get a lot of these "feelings".Dont listen to them often enough.

clem55 06-07-2010 01:07 PM

Oh yes! Years ago I had the feeling all day that I must get things done in a hurry to leave on our annual visit with family. That trip was two weeks away, but I couldn't slow myself down. While doing the supper dishes, I 'heard my dad say "MOM needs you". My dad was dead. Before the dishes were finsihed, the phone rang and I knew it was something wrong with my mom. She was extremely sick , taken to hospital, and they didn'T think she would live through surgery. Because everything was ready to go, I was able to leave in a few hours and was with my mom when she reached the recovery room. I lived in KY., she was in Oregon. So yep, pay attention to those feelings!

amandasgramma 06-07-2010 01:15 PM

SO glad you're okay. Five years ago my friend was severely injured in a bike accident. She's STILL having trouble with her ankle. DH and I used to ride....but after he saw her, and then we almost went down on a ride to Reno, he's put it away.....hasn't sold it, but hasn't ridden.....:)

dglvr 06-07-2010 01:25 PM

Yes sometimes I have premonitions. You sit back and think wow that was weird.
Glad you both are doing as well as you are. You were wearing your helmets right? Some states like Idaho don't have a helmet law. When I go to Idaho I can't believe the amount of riders with no helmet. I had a crash 30 years ago and the only reason why I'm still here is my helmet. Can;t beleive I still ride.
I don't remember anything about the accident though. Sometimes I wish I did. I probably wouldn't ride now.
I am going to sell my motorcycle. I can't afford to go down.
My back is bad enough. Maybe I'll do that today. Put it up for sale.
Glad your okay. ;)

pab58 06-07-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Thank the dear LORD that you were not hurt more seriously. I do beleive in premonitions..it has happened to me many, many times. Always listen to them..

I agree!!! Always listen to them!!! They have kept me alert and safe many times!! My ex and I were getting closer to an extended vacation from Michigan to California. I had been so looking forward to the trip, but about 1 1/2 weeks before we were to leave I started to feel really nervous about it. I just could not shake the feelings I was having. They were so powerful that I was tempted not to go the trip! Well, the day came when we were to leave. I always drove everywhere we went, and I did the same on that day. The nevous feeling stayed with me. We were outside Chicago when I noticed in my side and rear view mirrors that a car was driving really wild. It was in the far left lane, and I was in the lane next to that. There was a young woman driving and she had two passengers with her. The car would weave back and forth in and out of the left lane nearly hitting the cement median several times. The backseat passenger was being tossed from side to side!! I eased over, but the car came into my lane. No matter what I did that car kept getting closer and closer to me!!! At one time I felt the wheels of the van I was driving leave the pavement!! I held on for dear life and just kept praying!!! She ended up "pushing" me all the way over to the right lane and onto the shoulder! There was one time when I could have put my hand out the window and touched her car! The entire time this was going on all of them were laughing!!! I was so terrified! As I was trying to get back onto the highway I noticed that there was no traffic except in front of me and quite a distance behind me! I got back into the right-hand lane and tried to get close to her to get her license number, but when she saw me, she quickly got off at the nearest exit!! Well, after this long story my point is that after that incident my nervous feeling was completely gone, and it never returned the entire trip!! I believe it was God protecting me so that I would be expecially alert, keep both hands on the steering wheel and be extra cautious about everyone! I am a very careful driver, and I always watch "the other guy," but during this particular drive I was even more alert than I usually am.

Listen to those feelings!!!!! They will protect you!!!! 8-)

Janetlmt 06-07-2010 02:17 PM

Sugarpumpkin...I love you avatar..so cool..I feel like that some days...LOOPY..giggle

craftybear 06-07-2010 02:22 PM

yes, please listen to your feelings

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-07-2010 02:23 PM

I am so glad you both were not seriously hurt. I believe in premonitions. I also call it listening to my gut. There's just that little voice telling you be careful or watch out. And I pay attention to it.

littlehud 06-07-2010 02:27 PM

I get those a lot. I have learned to listen too. They are usually right on.