Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone getting this for Valentine's Day? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-getting-valentines-day-t294652.html)

rjwilder 02-12-2018 05:14 AM

I'd take it, I love dark chocolate. I was joking with my husband last week and told him not to waste money on flowers and to get me something good like a HQ Sweet 16. Well, guess what I got.......the Sweet 16, I am so happy and very very surprised. I've been wanting one for a long time so I guess he took me seriously.

Chasing Hawk 02-12-2018 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by rjwilder (Post 8001853)
I'd take it, I love dark chocolate. I was joking with my husband last week and told him not to waste money on flowers and to get me something good like a HQ Sweet 16. Well, guess what I got.......the Sweet 16, I am so happy and very very surprised. I've been wanting one for a long time so I guess he took me seriously.

Congrats! Enjoy your new gift.

I don't receive flowers at all, allergic to pollen. I don't particularly care for chocolate either. I prefer more useful gifts like tools or clothes.

A friend of mine got all bent out of shape because my husband got me a vacuum on year for my birthday. I was what I wanted.

cashs_mom 02-12-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 8000034)
I like chocolate, but that's just stupid.

I have to agree.

rryder 02-12-2018 01:46 PM

I like dark chocolate but can't imagine spending that kind of money on it :shock:

Rob

Jingle 02-12-2018 01:59 PM

I love dark chocolate. I am happy waiting for Christmas so I can buy dark chocolate covered cherries. Our oldest Granddaughter has bought us chocolates and chocolate covered fruits from edible arrangements. I think is too expensive for us. She doesn't think so and we do enjoy them.

romanojg 02-13-2018 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 8000318)
Not happening here. My brother and SIL brought me a box of Godiva chocolates. Most were dark chocolate. UGH! If I wanted healthy, I’d go eat broccoli! Someone gave my mother 3 boxes of Godiva...all pricey and all dark chocolate. We’ve donated them to a church tea for the ladies. Give me a Symphony chocolate bar or a Milky Way anytime!

You sound like me. I've been told you have to force yourself to get used to it if you don't like it. Unless its something that will save my life or improve the quality of my life, I'm so not forcing myself to eat/drink anything. My daughter did that with her energy drink now she's hooked on them. I bought a very small can of what she drinks, took a sip and immediately threw it away. so not doing that. There are too many options out there. For Valentine's day, my grandkids will be getting Dollar Store stuff. They really don't care and you can't beat the price

romanojg 02-13-2018 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 8002166)
I love dark chocolate. I am happy waiting for Christmas so I can buy dark chocolate covered cherries. Our oldest Granddaughter has bought us chocolates and chocolate covered fruits from edible arrangements. I think is too expensive for us. She doesn't think so and we do enjoy them.

This is the way you buy presents in my opinion. You buy things that the person would like but not willing to buy for themselves. You have a thoughtful Granddaughter.