Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone Have a Vegtable garden? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-have-vegtable-garden-t48441.html)

CarrieAnne 06-05-2010 05:45 AM

Hows your garden doing this year? We seem to be having the perfect weather here, and everything is growing well, especially the weeds! Cant wait for cucumbers!!!!!!!!!

shaverg 06-05-2010 06:15 AM

We have a garden in pots and Topsy Turvy. Everything is doing great. We have Squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. We have a really small yard. But we really have a great garden. The topsy Turvy Squash and 2 tomato plants are going nuts.

LindaR 06-05-2010 06:21 AM

gave up feeding the deer LOL

Leota 06-05-2010 06:41 AM

I have 12 tomatoes :D and onions :D does that count as a veggie garden?

Jim's Gem 06-05-2010 07:09 AM

I do, I have a small space but have crammed about 12 tomato plants, 4 different kinds, 12 bush bean plants, 1 jalapeno and 2 Anaheim chilis, 6 different kinds of bell peppers, 4 zucchini plants, about 36 silver queen sweet corn and an assortment of basil and cilantro, oh and in some pots I put some chives and green onions and more basil and cilantro. Also some Rosemary, 2 kinds of Oregano and some Thyme
I hope I get a good harvest, it will get quite crowded in there

watterstide 06-05-2010 07:11 AM

i have cukes,2 tomato plants,1 strawberry (for the grandson).
i also am trying herbs for the first time, cilantro,sage,garlic chives.oregano. everything is doing great!

Maksi 06-05-2010 07:15 AM

I have one. It's about 200 square meters and we have a small back yard wich is 16 meters by 6 meters. in that one there are no vegtables.

Vivian Ketron 06-05-2010 07:16 AM

My bil gave me 2 tomato plants.They are finally planted and growing. That's my garden.lol

trupeach1 06-05-2010 07:30 AM

I do if you want to all it that. I do container gardening on my deck. I have 1/4 acrea of property but no one to help me with a REAL garden so I do the best I can by myself. Last week I harvested a crop of spinach and a few green onions. There are 6 different tomato plants, Besides red tomatoes and cherry I like heirloom yellow both large and cherry. Most of the tomato plants have flowers. I planted 3 different kinds of peppers, beets, squash, eggplant and romaine. For some reason the romain didn't sprout, last year I has so much I didn't know what to do with it all. I always have herbs growing, in doors all winter then a big pot all summer.
My entire back yard has wild strawberries, too bad I am allergic or I would pick them to make jam. This year I was shocked to find 6 canes of blackberries growing next to the stairs of my deck, how they got there I don't know. In NY I had a HUGE garden and blackberries. The blackberries multiply fast so in a few years I should have a really nice blackberry patch. I LOOOOOOOOOVE to make blackberry jam so I am excited about them. Now if I had chickens for fresh eggs I would be as happy as a pig in a poke.

littlehud 06-05-2010 08:13 AM

I gave up on gardens. I have a brown thumb. Sigh.