Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone use a Keurig coffee machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-use-keurig-coffee-machine-t206893.html)

Grannyh67 11-26-2012 05:06 AM

I too have the one from Sam's. It is wonderful. I still use my Bunn to make a full pot of coffee but we love the Keurig. The stronger tast of coffee is growing on me, lol. We love all the specality coffee's. I have tried making my old Folgers in it and you have to use too much to get a good cup of coffee. I am going to try grinding it some more and see if it makes a difference. This is a very good coffee maker if anyone is interested in one, good price and works great!!!! One cup at a time is good, sometimes that is all we are looking for.

Sewmimi 11-26-2012 05:46 AM

I too found that if you use reg. grind coffee in the K cup it works better if you grind it to a powder. I just found Starbucks Italian Roast on sale @Target for $7.99 for a 12 oz package & have been using it in the K cup as is from the package & it's working out great. Love my Keurig.

verna2197 11-26-2012 05:51 AM

I love mine. Have had it over a year now and I wouldn't have any other coffee pot in the house. We use our own coffee Dh uses Folgers and I use Dunkin Donuts. Its great and I have never heard of grinding the coffee. I feel this way we don't waste the coffee, with our other coffee maker I was always throwing coffee away.

Roberta 11-26-2012 06:08 AM

I just purchased the Keurig Vue yesterday from QVC. I'm truly hoping I made the right choice since it's more expensive then the regular Vue's but brews a larger cup of coffee and even gourmet blends with frothing ability for them. Finding the Vue cups might probe a problem since they are larger then the normal K cups.

QKO 11-26-2012 06:31 AM

We've been using the Keurig exclusively for a couple of years now. At first, we bought the k-cups, and that became very expensive, so after a few months we switched to the included reusable device and grinding our own Starbucks. It's really nice since there is no wasted coffee and you get a fresh cup every time. I like to have a cup of regular first thing in the morning, then switch over to decaf.

A couple of tips for grinding your own and using the reusable filter:

Grind your coffee into almost a powder, it'll impart more flavor that way.
Use filtered softened water and it'll almost never need de-scaling.
Fill the reusable filter only half-way full, which is about the same as what the k-cups are. This is about 1 tbls of coffee. This way it will brew fast, make a flavorful cup of coffee, and you won't waste coffee. Much more than half-full and the machine will brew really slowly.

coopah 11-26-2012 06:37 AM

My DH uses his Keurig daily. We use coupons (koo ponz) at Bed, Bath & Beyond to make the individual cups more affordable. He is the only coffee drinker and likes the convenience of it. Our neighbor has had 3 of the Keurigs (she bought the highest priced one), with the company replacing the previous one(s) due to something or other not being right after using it for awhile. We bought a mid priced Keurig and it has worked fine for over 3 years.

pkelly1947 11-26-2012 07:28 AM

My children brought me one before we moved to Utah & I love it. Coffee shops here are few & far between

linda faye 11-26-2012 07:31 AM

I have had a Keurig for about 3 years. Wonderful customer service when needed. Cafe Express' (Green Mountain coffee club) has 10/15% savings when ordered through them and free shipping when you order 4 boxes. Once again wonderful customer service. Enjoy.

Margie13 11-26-2012 07:46 AM

I also use one cup twice. Really taste great. Too strong for one cup per cup.

Kath12 11-26-2012 08:01 AM

I love mine! I got mine 3 or 4 yrs ago. I fill my own cups reusing the purchased k cups. I purchased plastic lids made for this purpose from www.my-kap.com. I have been doing this for years. I use regular coffee or purchase the flavored coffees. I also use the coffee syrups that I found in the coffee aisle at Sams. I also have a regular coffee maker if I want to make a whole pot. The Keurig also dispenses just hot water for a cup of tea, cider, or hot chocolate. The grands really love this feature. My K makes from 4 oz up to 16 oz cups. My husband who doesn't like new things really likes it too! It took him over a year to try out our microwave when we got our 1st one back in the 80's