Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a Keurig coffee machine?

Blog Entries

Anyone use a Keurig coffee machine?

Sam's Club had a special price on a Keurig so I bought one to try it out. DH said why would you want a coffee pot that only made one cup at a time? I said well we'll see how it does. He now loves this thing. LOL. He was surprised at the many types of coffee there was to brew. He finds new ones to try every at every store visit even his old favorite Folgers. The machine came with the use your own coffee in the Kcup instead of the ready filled cups but so far we haven't used it. If you are thinking of getting the one cup coffee machine and love coffee, it is really worth it.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/...s&fromHome=yes
    Got fabric?

I've had one for about a year and I love it. I use each little K-cup twice and it still tastes good to me.

I've had one for 1.5 years and love it, so much I bought the smaller one to use in the RV too! The big one in the house started acting up after 11 months and Keurig sent a new one. No hassle. They have great customer service.

We have one and we LOVE it. We got it from QVC. I will warn you that MANY people have problems with their machine after a short time. The one we are using now was the replacement one that was sent to us from the company when the first one stopped working.

In fact, I think today QVC has a Keurig as their Today Special
    Value.http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores...atalogId=10151

We will always have one of these machines because it makes a PERFECT cup of coffee each time!! The K-cups are expensive but we think they are worth it. We like the dark brew decaf and buy that at our local grocery store.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
    I bought one about a week ago..and have mixed feelings...mostly because I find it a very expensive way of drinking home brewed coffee. But I do have to admit that the coffees you can buy are excellent! The coffee filter that you can use to make your own coffee doesn't seem to make a very good cup of coffee...
    I love mine. With the "make it yourself" cup, you have to find the balance for what you like. I don't like strong coffee so I adjust how much I put in it. Just like for most coffees, I use a large cup and hit the large cup button twice to make each cup of coffee. I don't like any of the bolder coffees because nothing makes them right for me. I've had my machine for around 2yrs and would get another one in a heart beat if it breaks. I also like the large variety of coffee available out there for it.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I bought one about a week ago..and have mixed feelings...mostly because I find it a very expensive way of drinking home brewed coffee. But I do have to admit that the coffees you can buy are excellent! The coffee filter that you can use to make your own coffee doesn't seem to make a very good cup of coffee...
    My friend said to get a perfectly brewed cup of coffee from the reusable cup, you need to regrind regular coffee into almost a powder grind. I think I'll pass on using my own coffee unless I have to.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    My friend said to get a perfectly brewed cup of coffee from the reusable cup, you need to regrind regular coffee into almost a powder grind. I think I'll pass on using my own coffee unless I have to.
    Here in Oregon we have a coffee brand called Tully's. It regular grind is almost a powder form. Their Espresso is wonderful, quite the kick.......
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I don't drink much coffee but my daughter has one and loves it. She's a nurse so doesn't work everyday. On her days off she likes the ability to have just one cup when're she wants.

I'm on my second Keurig...the first one went bonkers and the company sent me another...now this one, too, is bonkers...I just tried to use it and all I got was thirty drops of COLD water when I turned it on. So, in the morning, I will call the good folks again...this one's only five months old...it's a good thing the warranty starts all over again when you have to get a new one! But...it DOES make good coffee!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

The great thing about the kurig is that you can use your own coffee in a cup you can buy for a few dollars!
    To use my gift to it's fullest

I have one, and we love it! I think we drink less coffee than when we had a full pot sitting here, but it really tastes better. We often use the reusable cup with the little paper filters. So far, no problems with our machine, but we use filtered water from the refrigerator, and also have a water softener.
    psumom

We have one at work. It is nice when I am cold, I get a fresh cup of coffee every time. (To use their special filter, you still need special ground coffee.) I would like to have one at home but hubby is a little cheap.

Blog Entries
    My daughter recently gave us one. The prepackaged k-cups are too strong for my husband & I, so I hit the large cup button twice & it makes 2 perfect cups of coffee for us. I order the k-cups from Amazon.com and it is cheaper than buying retail. No shipping or tax is charged for orders over $25.

l had one that died 22 days AFTER the warranty expired. The company pretty much told me 'tough luck'.....back to my old reliable Farberware perk.

We have had a Kuereg for about maybe 6 years. When they came out with a bigger and better one, we put the first one in our lake house. I don't drink coffee so it was perfect for my DH who does. I was making tea with it, but got tired of getting coffee taste with it. Sometimes he would forget to remove the used cup- yuck! So i went back to boiling water on the stove. But we love our Kureg. My DD bought one too and loves hers.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

DD has a Keurig so we can all have our fave beverages. She has found the K-cups at TJMaxx and Marshall's for a great price, too.

I have used the Keurig at friends house before but wouldn't buy one for my house. I like my coffee hot and refill my cup as needed to keep it that way. Cannot do that with Keurig. Guess we drink enough coffee at our house that it just isn't practical for us. SeEms pretty expensive to buy it as well. So no plans to ever buy one.

ajw
    We have one because my husband drinks coffee and I don't. He finds he drinks much less coffee this way...doesn't feel obligated to drink the whole pot like he did with the old machine. If you use your 20% coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond, you can save a few $$ on the pods. We even bought the smaller models for our kids' dorm rooms.

I found that I have to add twice as much coffee in the little brew cup as I would when making a larger quantity of coffee.
    I have to use 2 scoops in the brewer container for one good cup of coffee......but I do use it anyway......

I personally use the K-cup that you can fill and like it better than the expensive ones.

Blog Entries
    I too have the one from Sam's. It is wonderful. I still use my Bunn to make a full pot of coffee but we love the Keurig. The stronger tast of coffee is growing on me, lol. We love all the specality coffee's. I have tried making my old Folgers in it and you have to use too much to get a good cup of coffee. I am going to try grinding it some more and see if it makes a difference. This is a very good coffee maker if anyone is interested in one, good price and works great!!!! One cup at a time is good, sometimes that is all we are looking for.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I too found that if you use reg. grind coffee in the K cup it works better if you grind it to a powder. I just found Starbucks Italian Roast on sale @Target for $7.99 for a 12 oz package & have been using it in the K cup as is from the package & it's working out great. Love my Keurig.

I love mine. Have had it over a year now and I wouldn't have any other coffee pot in the house. We use our own coffee Dh uses Folgers and I use Dunkin Donuts. Its great and I have never heard of grinding the coffee. I feel this way we don't waste the coffee, with our other coffee maker I was always throwing coffee away.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    I just purchased the Keurig Vue yesterday from QVC. I'm truly hoping I made the right choice since it's more expensive then the regular Vue's but brews a larger cup of coffee and even gourmet blends with frothing ability for them. Finding the Vue cups might probe a problem since they are larger then the normal K cups.

QKO
    We've been using the Keurig exclusively for a couple of years now. At first, we bought the k-cups, and that became very expensive, so after a few months we switched to the included reusable device and grinding our own Starbucks. It's really nice since there is no wasted coffee and you get a fresh cup every time. I like to have a cup of regular first thing in the morning, then switch over to decaf.

A couple of tips for grinding your own and using the reusable filter:

Grind your coffee into almost a powder, it'll impart more flavor that way.
    Use filtered softened water and it'll almost never need de-scaling.
    Fill the reusable filter only half-way full, which is about the same as what the k-cups are. This is about 1 tbls of coffee. This way it will brew fast, make a flavorful cup of coffee, and you won't waste coffee. Much more than half-full and the machine will brew really slowly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast