Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Do any of you own one of these? I've been looking at them for a while now, but can't decide. How do you like it and how does the different coffees taste? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Love it, love it, love it! No more making a pot of coffee and wasting part of it. Just make exactly what you want, when you want it. It's expensive to buy, but I think you make it up with no waste.

My daughter has had one for over two years and loves it! She drinks coffee and her husband drinks tea - works great for them.

That's what I was thinking, I'm so tired of wasting coffee when all I want is one fresh, hot cup!

Banned
    I've had mine for a couple of years and love it.

However, the coffee pods are ridiculously expensive. I bought the use your own coffee attachment.
    I also hit the largest button twice with each brewing - I like a large mug of coffee.

It is an expensive machine so I'd check around - I had a 20% coupon from my local kitchen supply shop.
    I think Amazon has it a bit less expensive too.

Enjoy it!

My best friend has one and she loves it. She keeps trying to get me to get one.

Blog Entries
    My friend has one and the coffee is very strong he makes him a cup and them makes me a cup and it is just right but I do like real strong coffee

Would be without mine. Even took it in the trailer with me last week. Great to wake up with a fresh brew.

I have one and we love it! Coffee, tea or just hot water for my own tea bag-it is great! You can buy My-K-Cup to use your own coffee if you cannot find Kcup coffee on sale. A good buy. Try QVC.

Blog Entries
    love love it, I also got their little filter also, that way I can have flavored coffee when I want cause dear Fiance' doesn't like flavored coffee...You can buy all sots of coffee flavors by the lil cuppy things also. :thumbup: :thumbup:

We have one and like it very much. The taste of the coffee is what you want it to be - there are many different blends sold everywhere. I still brew coffee every morning and use this in the day/evening when we want coffee but do not need an entire pot. It is used mostly by my son who is in post graduate school - he studies way into the night and drinks lots of coffee .

Quote Originally Posted by jean1941
    My friend has one and the coffee is very strong he makes him a cup and them makes me a cup and it is just right but I do like real strong coffee
    That's an idea! My best friend loves strong coffee, and her roommate doesn't...so....

whatever happened to a good old Melitta cone filter you can use for one cup? Seems like it would be cheaper coffee-wise.

My daughter and son-in-law have one and love it. They do use some of the flavored coffees so I guess they like them just fine.

Have had one for over a year now and love it. Also great customer service if something goes wrong with it. Be surer to join club online to save, free shipping and earn points for purchases which can be redeemed.

We have one we've had it now 2 years and I'd be lost without it. My husband travels a lot so I don't need to waste a pot of coffee anymore or tea. That's the best thing about it I can buy either a box of one flavor or I can just pick up singles to try out. Here we have various coffee's teas, hot cocoa in the winter and ours has the ice tea feature which is wonderful! I have boxes of sweet tea and sweet peach tea. I'd highly recommend it

Blog Entries
    We've used them in motel rooms and like the coffee a lot, but haven't gotten the machine yet. I suspect when our current expresso machine breaks for good we might pick one up...it's good to know you can use your own coffee in it.

Blog Entries
    My DD got one for Christmas, and uses it every day. They don't drink enough coffee at home to make a whole pot, so the single cup works great. I am saving up for one. Same situation...I'm the only coffee drinker, so don't make a whole pot.

I just got one for DD for college, I got a great price on it at JCPennys when they had a sale a few weeks ago. She has not tried it but I got it since it for coffee,tea and Hot chocolate

Love it! Especially when we have company, folks can have their favorite coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I still make a big pot of Starbuck's Verona every morning...my most fav.

as far as I can figure the coffee costs about 8 times as much in K-cups as buying it the regular way.

My neighbor has one and she loves the coffee and I have had the tea and it was great

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have one. It's out in the shed. I hate it because the coffee is way too strong for me.
    I'll sell you mine.

I have a small one for work and love it. I bought the solo filter and put my own coffee in it, much cheaper and tastes just as good, I think so anyway. I do love the Donut Shop coffee though so I treat myself every once in a while.

Blog Entries
    We bought one last year and love it! It is the smaller one and works just great for us. Before we got it, we would waste a pot of coffee every day it seemed.

I got DH a re-usable filter from Amazon. The one that came with it wasn't very good. He makes regular and flavored coffee with it. I prefer Emeril's brand, I love strong coffee. I brew the small cup twice and get a perfect amount for my travel mug. DD loves vanilla so I keep it for her.

We are quite spoiled by it and would definitely buy another if something happened to this one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast