Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Keurig Single Cup Brewing System >

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM

as far as I can figure the coffee costs about 8 times as much in K-cups as buying it the regular way.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM

My neighbor has one and she loves the coffee and I have had the tea and it was great
Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

I have one. It's out in the shed. I hate it because the coffee is way too strong for me.
I'll sell you mine.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM

I have a small one for work and love it. I bought the solo filter and put my own coffee in it, much cheaper and tastes just as good, I think so anyway. I do love the Donut Shop coffee though so I treat myself every once in a while.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 PM

We bought one last year and love it! It is the smaller one and works just great for us. Before we got it, we would waste a pot of coffee every day it seemed.

I got DH a re-usable filter from Amazon. The one that came with it wasn't very good. He makes regular and flavored coffee with it. I prefer Emeril's brand, I love strong coffee. I brew the small cup twice and get a perfect amount for my travel mug. DD loves vanilla so I keep it for her.

We are quite spoiled by it and would definitely buy another if something happened to this one.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM

DH bought it for me as a gift and I love it. I am the only coffee/tea drinker so I make myself a cup more often because it is single serve. I purchase their Kcups and locally roasted beans that go into the filter thing. Great for small dinner parties, but use an urn when I have large gatherings.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:54 PM

We have one at work; everyone raves about it. I did try a cup of coffee once from it, I have a 10 oz cup, ... should've made a 8 oz. it was weak tasting( or maybe I like mine strong..) My only real problem is I was told the cups aren't recycle-able. That's a big no-no. 30 women x 2-3 cups a day x 5 days... that's a lot of trash. If only we could talk everyone into using the re-useable inserts & buy ground coffee.. :)
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM

I love my Keurig. Now I make coffee one cup at a time, and it never gets bitter sitting in the pot. I grind my own beans each morning--enough for 4 cups--and use the U-Fill-It cup that came with the machine until 4 cups of decafe are brewed. Then I switch to the K-Cups that I get 80 to the box from Costco.

And those are a pleasure to use.

I'm really stoked on the company. It's here in Vermont with publicly traded stock that's up over 300% this year. That will buy a lot of fabric! :-)
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by SherriB
We bought one last year and love it! It is the smaller one and works just great for us. Before we got it, we would waste a pot of coffee every day it seemed.

I got DH a re-usable filter from Amazon. The one that came with it wasn't very good. He makes regular and flavored coffee with it. I prefer Emeril's brand, I love strong coffee. I brew the small cup twice and get a perfect amount for my travel mug. DD loves vanilla so I keep it for her.

We are quite spoiled by it and would definitely buy another if something happened to this one.
What was the brand name on the one you got on Amazon? Do you remember? I am using the one that came with the machine and it just seems like the flavor isn't coming all the way through.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM

Thanks for recommending the starbucks verona, I've been wanting to try something new. I love good coffee.