Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Keurig Single Cup Brewing System >

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Old 08-04-2011, 03:11 AM

It's great for some situations, like when only one "drinker" is different from the rest, so you can make a pot for everyone and a Keurig for the odd man out. Great for just one cup in the middle of the afternoon. The selection is great at Bed, Bath and Beyond (best prices too). but nothing beats a hot cup (seems hotter) from my regular brewer. Nothing beats my Cuisinart! Drinking New England decaf hazelnut from the Cuisinart (4 cup pot) right now. Best start for the day, coffee and this board.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 AM

I love mine! With a tradional coffeemaker, the first cup is always the freshest and no matter how quickly you get back for another, it just doesn't taste as fresh. My Keurig lets me have that "first cup" flavor every time!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 AM

I LOVE mine, I bought the filter Keurig sells to use regular ground coffee, but switched over to the Solofill filter, works so much better looks like a Kcup with a lid, google it

The K cups are pricey, so I use them twice, second cup is not as strong as the first one. I use my coupons to and JCPenneys is cheaper in my town.

The teas are good also.

Enjoy,
Linda Putnam
Old 08-04-2011, 03:25 AM

I just bought the 4-8 cup Bunn coffee maker because I have the bigger one and I wasted too much coffee.That way you don't have to pay for the expensive refills and you can still use your own favorite brand of coffee.It works perfect for me and my husband.Just a suggestion.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:44 AM

We have had one for over a year and love it. Our SIL loved ours so much that we gave him one for Christmas. We get our pods at Costco and pick up an occasional specialty coffee when we see it on sale.

mltquilt
Old 08-04-2011, 03:48 AM

Love it! We even have a mini one that fits in our carry on luggage that we take when we travel. It did cause a little stir at the security check point though. The checker kept moving in back and forth on the conveyer belt. He finally asked whoever it belonged in to come over and claim it. They wanted to know what it was. It was all okay when we explained we needed our morning coffee and couldn't stand the stuff offered in most hotel rooms. It has made a great story, though. Following hip replacement surgery my husband has to have a "pat down" because the titanium sets off the alarm. Now he has to explain his coffee pot carry on too.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 AM

I love mine and have had it for about a year. Yes it is more expensive but I use coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond for better prices. I use the Keurig on days I work and my regular coffee pot when I am off so it's a little less expensive that way. I absolutely LOVE the iced tea and all the flavored teas that are offered. DH found a brand new one at a garage sale for $10 (yes TEN) and I took it to work. Everyone chips in and brings in K-cups so it's not that big of an expense, and way less than Starbucks which we all were addicted to before I brought in the Keurig.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 AM

I have one, love the single cup at a time with it. I purchase the what was once 3 pound containers of coffee and use the attachment to do your own. The tub of coffee lasts me 3 - 4 months instead of one as I only use a teaspoon and a half per cup of coffee.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 AM

I only drink one cup of coffee a day and didn't want the waste of making it in a big pot so, I bought a one cup maker from Carol Wright catalog for $15. I love it !I use coffee "pods" in it...no mess !
Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 AM

I've had one for a few years now and love it. I purchase my k-cup through Keurig. No shipping charges.

I used to get it through Amazon but they discontinued my kind of coffee for automatic shipments.

I think that the cost of the k-cups it high, but when I factored in the cost of coffee that was left in the old regular pot and thrown down the drain it probably evens out.