Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Keurig Single Cup Brewing System >

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Old 08-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Love it! Easy to use and no wasted coffee. Easy to clean. Tastes great (took a few trys with different brands to find the one I like). You can make tea and hot chocolate.
So far the pot is holding up great! (one year)
And although the pods are expensive, it is actually saving me money. Fewer trips to Starbucks and no wasted coffee.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:59 AM

Thank you all so much for all the info! I just love this board! I think I'm going to get one and try it, I'll just save my receipt in case I don't like it.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 AM

We have one for home and one for my husband's office. They are expensive but really nice. Never have to throw out old coffee.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
Being into 'green' it bothers me that all those cups go into a landfill ... if they are recyclable let me know and I'll do a HaPpY dance.

My 2 dds have the machine and have to admit the coffee is good but I end up adding more grounds to the cup in the machine and run water thru again ... that landfill thing really grates me.

sorry for the soapbox ...
no soapbox for me, I agree. I keep a kettle on the stove, a single serve anything amounts to boiling water. I use a teaball to brew tea, the press to brew coffee. the grounds for tea and coffee go to compost. I never use bottled water anywhere, not even if someone else offers it. I carry a ceramic or stainless steel bottle. I have taken my tap water in coolers on vaca, just because sometimes when you travel (on the road, not by plane etc - dont travel that way) sometimes you can taste the difference in your coffee/teas with other areas water. The tapwater in the USA is the purest in the world (by tap - there are places where water springs that is wonderful) - much of the bottled water sold in plastic in stores comes from a tap (no matter what they call it on the bottle).
Im rather lucky, an hour away is a spring that was left for the use of the public in perpituity by the last person who owned the land. He felt the water was so healthy everyone should be able to take it. You can go with containers and just take home as much as you want. sharet
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM

" I keep a kettle on the stove, a single serve anything amounts to boiling water. I use a teaball to brew tea, the press to brew coffee. the grounds for tea and coffee go to compost."

Me too and I always make my tea in a tea pot, hate when someone gives me a cup with a tea bag and some and some hot water. We do use a coffee maker as DH is a big coffee drinker and now have been gifted a Keunig. I'm going to look for a filter so we can use our own coffee - decaf Folgers or Maxwell House, and maybe as a once in awhile treat few flavored coffee cups for me.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM

Speaking of tea,, I should make some in my keurig and then put it in one of my fancy tea pots and then I can say I used my tea pots. I now have about 30 of them. LOL! I don't like a tea bag in a cup either. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by arimuse
Originally Posted by wraez
Being into 'green' it bothers me that all those cups go into a landfill ... if they are recyclable let me know and I'll do a HaPpY dance.

My 2 dds have the machine and have to admit the coffee is good but I end up adding more grounds to the cup in the machine and run water thru again ... that landfill thing really grates me.

sorry for the soapbox ...
no soapbox for me, I agree. I keep a kettle on the stove, a single serve anything amounts to boiling water. I use a teaball to brew tea, the press to brew coffee. the grounds for tea and coffee go to compost. I never use bottled water anywhere, not even if someone else offers it. I carry a ceramic or stainless steel bottle. I have taken my tap water in coolers on vaca, just because sometimes when you travel (on the road, not by plane etc - dont travel that way) sometimes you can taste the difference in your coffee/teas with other areas water. The tapwater in the USA is the purest in the world (by tap - there are places where water springs that is wonderful) - much of the bottled water sold in plastic in stores comes from a tap (no matter what they call it on the bottle).
Im rather lucky, an hour away is a spring that was left for the use of the public in perpituity by the last person who owned the land. He felt the water was so healthy everyone should be able to take it. You can go with containers and just take home as much as you want. sharet
A gal after my own heart!! I do all these things as well, except we have a dug well on our property with the best water in the world!! Just put some grounds on my tomato plants.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:41 AM

My daughter has one and she loves it. I have used it when I'm there and I think it's great. She buys her coffee on-line and it's cheaper and when you buy a certain amount it's free shipping. Check it out-------www.coffeecow.com
Old 08-05-2011, 04:00 PM

My daughter gave us one for Christmas several years ago and we just recently upgraded. Since she works for the company and gets 72 free pounds of coffee a year, she gets us all the coffee we want. My husband loves the ice tea pods. Fill a plastic tumbler up with ice and put it under there with an ice tea pod (many assorted flavors) and instant ice tea. I drink the hot tea in the winter and we have the hot chocolate for the kids when they visit. Yes the pods can be expensive but use the coupons at the kitchen shops and you can save alot.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Have had one for about 4 years now and wouldn't be without it. I hate warmed over, or coffee that has been brewed hours before. Make one cup, fresh and there are tons of different coffees available. Also K cups come in teas, hot chocolate, and even tea for flavored ice tea.