Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Keurig Single Cup Brewing System >

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Old 08-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
The K-Cups can get pricy but we shop around, Costco has good prices, and every so often Price Chopper or Target put them on sale. I subscribe to their website and get some of their specials where you buy 2 boxes and get one free or sometimes its free shipping, and you can mix and match whether you want tea or coffee. We've got the little filter for it too if you want your own special blend of coffee. Our machine comes with 3 different cup sizes, it will even make travel mug sizes, and ours also has the ice tea fuction which I've been wearing out with this heat!
I get mine through Green Mountain online.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM

I would say it depends on how much you drink. I bought one for my husband, I don't drink coffee so I thought it would be better and not waste coffee. I couldn't have been more wrong! He started drinking a lot more coffee, probably 6 cups in the morning alone. When I figured out how much he was drinking a day of the "single" cups we were paying about $32.00 for a what would have been a can of coffee. The Keurig now has a spot in the cupboard not on the cupboard !
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM

We bought one last holiday season and absolutely love it, but for the past few months it has been not brewing unless you hit the top of it. I've heard customer service is great and they'll ship a new one if you call, so maybe I should get off my butt and call them. :)
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM

I love mine! I am the only coffee drinker here, but I enjoy the choices. Get the one that has the water container on the side and is ready all the time.
Buy my coffee at Keruig.com with free shipping.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Love it! Coffee is hot and delicious! I love Caribou best of all. Buy my coffee at Costco but have been told Sam's Club is cheaper.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda10
I love mine! I am the only coffee drinker here, but I enjoy the choices. Get the one that has the water container on the side and is ready all the time.
Buy my coffee at Keruig.com with free shipping.
Thanks for the tip, Brenda10. I just placed an order and got free shipping and a free sampler pack. By far the best selection around that I've seen in one place.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by dogpursemaker
Does anyone have a Tassimo? When I was looking into these machines, I remember thinking I'd prefer the Tassimo, so I'd love to hear if anyone has compared?
My kids have a Keurig for home and a Tassimo for the office. My DIL likes the flavors with Tassimo that you cannot get with Keurig. But, they love them both.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:21 PM

I make tea by just making a cup of hot water-don't add any" K cup"- and add my tea bags to the tea cup of hot water. Make double strength tea and add ice cubes when it cools a little. I happened to get a Keurig when my coffee maker died at Thanksgiving last year. Now it is just me and my husband making two cups of coffee in the AM and tea the rest of the day. Very clean and easy to use .
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Being into 'green' it bothers me that all those cups go into a landfill ... if they are recyclable let me know and I'll do a HaPpY dance.

My 2 dds have the machine and have to admit the coffee is good but I end up adding more grounds to the cup in the machine and run water thru again ... that landfill thing really grates me.

sorry for the soapbox ...
Old 08-04-2011, 04:33 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Too pricey for me...I use my regular 12 cup and just make 1 or 2 cups. works for me. sometimes I make more and use later in the day for iced coffee...add a little DaVinci sugarfree Vanilla syrup..num, num!!