View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 AM
arimuse

Originally Posted by wraez
Being into 'green' it bothers me that all those cups go into a landfill ... if they are recyclable let me know and I'll do a HaPpY dance.

My 2 dds have the machine and have to admit the coffee is good but I end up adding more grounds to the cup in the machine and run water thru again ... that landfill thing really grates me.

sorry for the soapbox ...
no soapbox for me, I agree. I keep a kettle on the stove, a single serve anything amounts to boiling water. I use a teaball to brew tea, the press to brew coffee. the grounds for tea and coffee go to compost. I never use bottled water anywhere, not even if someone else offers it. I carry a ceramic or stainless steel bottle. I have taken my tap water in coolers on vaca, just because sometimes when you travel (on the road, not by plane etc - dont travel that way) sometimes you can taste the difference in your coffee/teas with other areas water. The tapwater in the USA is the purest in the world (by tap - there are places where water springs that is wonderful) - much of the bottled water sold in plastic in stores comes from a tap (no matter what they call it on the bottle).
Im rather lucky, an hour away is a spring that was left for the use of the public in perpituity by the last person who owned the land. He felt the water was so healthy everyone should be able to take it. You can go with containers and just take home as much as you want. sharet