Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   April 18th and it's Still Winter!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/april-18th-its-still-winter-t219476.html)

Battle Axe 04-20-2013 03:49 AM

Water over the road in several places here in Northern Indiana yesterday. Two houses struck by lightning. Quick fire department action and they only lost a room or two and had to deal with smoke damage, but the houses are standing. This a.m. snow in the grass and on the roof, but the roads are clear. All basements are wet. At least I know where the water is coming in and can fix it now.

sandypants 04-20-2013 06:36 AM

So very tired of the snow....We are leaving for Branson next week. Not super warm down there either, but no snow.....it had better be all gone by the time we come back.

sandypants 04-20-2013 06:47 AM

April 18th and it's Still Winter

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409091[/ATTACH]This person uses the calendar instead of looking out his window....;)

running1 04-20-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog (Post 6012320)
We live in the Colorado mountains and have had 24 inches of snow in the last week or 10 days. It is very beautiful. I wouldn't trade the mountain snow majesty for the hot weather. Been there, done that! We have lived all over the country and moved back to snow country.

I could SO adjust to that! Just enough summer to put a few flowers in pots... Plenty of snow during winter to have to stay in and, oh dear, just quilt all day... yep... I could adjust...

athenascooter 04-20-2013 07:25 AM

Just put the winter coats and boots away and then we get 12inches, started to melt and now we got another 18 inches. We live near Duluth, MN. Only in MN can you have winter all year around.

athenascooter 04-20-2013 07:27 AM

One of the churches in our town put on their message board, "If you are praying for snow, PLEASE STOP"

Pete 04-20-2013 07:45 AM

Here in South Central Texas it is still cold. Too cold to put out our plants which I've always done by March 17th. Plus, instead of snow, we are tired of all the leaves to rake. But, can't complain -- in a few I will be complaining of the heat.

solstice3 04-20-2013 10:00 AM

Weather in Florida cool and rainy today. Two days ago hot and sticky

Sassy08 04-20-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by crafty pat (Post 6011476)
We are having roller coaster weather here, Yesterday we were close to 90 and 70 last night but tonight it will be in the low 40's. Guess I shouldn't complain because in a couple of weeks we will start our long hot dry summer.

And I think it's destined to be a very hot, very dry one--again!
As you said, Tuesday it was close to 90 and Thursday I built a fire in the fireplace! But, I was in Jamaica in October and decided I'm an island girl, so I am very happy I'm not where there is so much cold and snow even though it's April! Hopefully y'all will see spring soon, before summer sets in.

delores41 04-20-2013 01:37 PM

We had 18 inches of snow on Fri. nite and 40 mph wind. Drifts chest high. Did I miss summer???????? I know we had one day of spring a few weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!