Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ARGH! Daredevil 4 Year Old! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/argh-daredevil-4-year-old-t63112.html)

jackilvsmath 09-04-2010 07:38 PM

DD#2 just turned 4 last week. She is small for her age (she just hit 31 pounds) and is just a hair past 3 feet tall. Obviously she needs to make up for her size because she is CRAZY wild and daring. They were playing outside on our playset this afternoon. I went in for about 2 minutes to grab a bowl to pick vegetables. As I walked back out she took a flying leap off the platform of the playset pretending she was Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. She wasn't too hurt (just scratched herself on the landscape timber a little), but I think I sprouted some gray hairs and gave my heart a bit of a shock.

I am not used to a daredevil, because DD#1 is a scaredy-cat.......I don't know what I am going to do when DD#2 gets to be a teenager.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-04-2010 07:40 PM

All I can say is I survived 3 active boys!!! lol :D

Grammy o'5 09-04-2010 07:41 PM

LOL! You'll survive!

Charlee 09-04-2010 07:43 PM

Invest in some Miss Clairol and some gymnastics lessons...those will teach her how to fall! ;) :)

lynnie 09-04-2010 07:48 PM

my son at 5 was wearing a 3t and had a size 4 shoe. he's 20 now and is 5-1/2" and 112#. I know where you're coming from. i was a daredevil.This is what i learned b4 entering kindergarden... i used to jump off the garage roof at age 4. tried plying paratrooper at about the same time with a sheet. Don't try it, it doesn't work. Neither does the Mary poppins thing with an umbrella . i'd mix chemials together, bleach, ammonia, comet, only God knows how i didn't blow myself up. Lit fires with a magnifying glass. did the swing thing too, i figured if i got it up high enough, i could go around in circles. I sympathize with you. I now know how scary kids can be, but i lived thru it. I didn't help i hadan older bro. telling me what to do. the funnest thing i can remember, waas tying a clothsline to the top of one tree and the other end to the bottom a fence and taking towels to put over the line, hold both ends and slide down the rope. that was wild.

Chasing Hawk 09-04-2010 08:19 PM

My husband and I survived 7 kids.
Not one of them is afraid of anything. And the girls are meaner than their brothers. Once you get past the initial shock, don't show how panicked your are. She will pick up on it and use it to drive you crazy.

cjomomma 09-04-2010 08:20 PM

I have to keep a close eye on little man because he is a dare devil too. My 2 older ones were not. Little man had a cast on his arm at the age of 2. He decided that it was fun to jump from the couch to the floor when my back was turned. He landed wrong and bent the bone just above the wrist, fracturing it. Kids will be kids but some how they manage to survive despite all their injuries.

moonwolf23 09-04-2010 08:34 PM

St. Johns wort or chamomile tea and some calgon.

If that fails

Tequila. You may be nekkid but you won't care:)

Jim's Gem 09-04-2010 08:54 PM

Pray!!!!!

I was a little daredevil too.
Not any more. I know what pain feels like and I am in no hurry to experience it more than I have to. Guess that's why I have so much arthritis at such a young age (a hair shy of 50)

ChubbyBunny 09-04-2010 10:17 PM

I am surviving 4 kids.....2 are daredevils and 2 are chickens. When I think back on all the crazy stunts I pulled as a kid, I'm thankful to be alive.