Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Arthritic hands and gloves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/arthritic-hands-gloves-t256630.html)

roguequilter 11-13-2014 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6964755)
well not magnets but i used to use the stretchy gloves without finger tips and they did help to sew with. Keepsakequiltng.com may have them. good ones. the spandex style help a bit and warmth of the gloves too. I wish her luck. seems one must keep trying until something works for that individual. I use aspercreme on my thumb joints that helps.

i use these gloves also. fingerless and fingertip. been using them for several years. gave a pair to friend who, like me, is unable to sleep because of the pain in back of hands fr arthr. she loves them. the web site of the glove makers refers to them as "heating pads for your hands". and they are. had mine on yesterday morning when i needed to go out and check water break from lo temps. i just put my winter gloves on over them. the most comfortable my hands have ever been in winter! so, going to buy another pair to wear as liners for my heavy winter gloves. keepsake and sometimes nancys notions sell them. i have also seen them in lqs. i cannot hand quilt w/o these gloves! your mom will love them.

carolynjo 11-16-2014 06:17 PM

I have much pain from arthritis and a friend recommended UP and Up cream from
target. It helps my pain as I cannot use Ben-Gay because it blisters my skin.

Teacup 11-16-2014 06:47 PM

Several years ago here on QB in a discussion on arthritis some people highly recommended Two Old Goats lotion. It was created by a quilter and has essential oils. I was a bit skeptical. I looked it up online and two years, kind of as a joke, I got some for my MIL who has a lot of pain with arthritis and sciatica. I figured the name was worth a chuckle when she unwrapped it even if it did nothing else. It worked for her! I now use it for my ankle, knee and back and gave small bottles to three friends last Christmas. They are now all using it. One has a lot of arthritis in her hands and swears by Two Old Goats. A woman in the local quilt guild started using it after I showed her my bottle and she loves it. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but those I personally know that have tried it really like it. twooldgoats.com

DOTTYMO 11-17-2014 12:00 AM

My mother maintained her copper bracelet was the reason she had no joint problems. She did knit and sew up to her death. My father also had a copper bracelet and he was doing woodwork right up to his death at 89.
I have a copper bracelet and keep forgetting to re strengthen the magnets I the box. Not sure it does anything . Perhaps it is all in the mind as dad made both bracelets for them.

gramajo 11-17-2014 02:50 PM

I found mine at Walgreen's online. Look for Arthritis Gloves.

nativetexan 11-17-2014 07:44 PM

I had a hard time finding the ones i have. mine are beige. tried to find you a pic. they are Handeez or how ever it's spelled but I only see green ones at the moment.

coopah 11-19-2014 06:02 PM

I'm getting her the compression type gloves that have been suggested and think I'll get some of the Two Old Goats lotion, too. There's a farm/hardware store about 3 miles from here that carries it! YIPPEE! Thanks, everyone for the help. She socializes outside her home about twice a week, so most of her time is spent knitting/quilting. She loves to read, too, and that's a good break from the handwork.

francie yuhas 11-20-2014 05:49 PM

Australian dream cream(I got mine at Walgreens ) seems to help me