Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t227021.html)

CindyA 08-16-2013 07:18 AM

Well, like I stated earlier, I am an emotional eater. This has been a really tough week for me. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. My cousin's son was killed. My 17 yr old son's friend/classmate was hit by a car and killed.

But continuing to eat fast food and junk is not helping me or my family. I'm going to head to the grocery store in a few minutes and shop for healthy meals including lots of vegetables. I have some fresh green beans that look absolutely delicious!! I'm going to try and cook a few things and put them in the freezer for when I head back to work next week (teaching). My garden seems to be winding down early this year. The tomatoes are not doing well. The green peppers are still producing, though, so I think I'll have enough to freeze so I can pull them out for soups, etc over the winter. I just love knowing that I have something from my garden in the freezer to use over the winter.

countrymaid 08-16-2013 01:01 PM

DH is taking me to the county fair tonight for supper and the tractor pull. Tonight they have a fish fry but you can get baked fish as well. My brother is helping the folks to give me another night away. Plus, there are two fabric shops set up with fabric and notions. So I'm off the to the ATM before we go. Have a good weekend ladies.

craftygater 08-17-2013 04:49 AM

I finally got the loft shelving built across the end of the garage. About 24ft by 4ft. Now I have some place to put the boxes after I go thru them. It only took me all day to build. I didn't have anyone to help me. When I say I have a full garage of boxes, my garage is 30x40x12ft high. It is over 1/2 full of boxes stacked 3-4 high. I guess I misjudged in the number of boxes. There is alot more than 40-50. You would think that with all the up and down ladder, hauling lumber up drilling and screwing and sweating alot, I would have lost a bit. NO not a pound. But I didn't gain either. I was so busy I forgot lunch and had a late dinner. Today-icing the knee. It hurts so bad I needed the cane to get out of bed.

Pam H 08-17-2013 06:05 AM

CindyA, I am so sorry for all you are going through this week. That is too much. I am praying for you.
i am in Iowa again this weekend. This time with hubby's family. There is a surprise 80th birthday party for my MIL.
Lord, help me get through this day. This family makes me crazy!

meanmom 08-17-2013 06:05 AM

I am in Myrtle Beach this week with my 2 SIL. My brother was here the first day and will be back on Friday. We are having a girls week. We bought sewing machines and I am supposed to teach several people to make a professional tote. We have a really loose schedule for the week. Not sure when we are sewing etc. It is raining today so I guess we will have to sew or shop.
My brother made us huevos rancheros for breakfast. It was really yummy. Not sure I want to know how it was made. My brother doesn't cook very low calories. I did smell butter at one point. Should be a fun week.

irishrose 08-17-2013 07:20 AM

Add me to the list of hospital sitters. My ex fell in the nursing home, had a brain bleed and surgery. That was Thursday night/Friday morning. Yesterday they were asking who can sign papers for ??? - last evening he started to come around slightly. We'll see what today brings. It's a 100 mile round trip - hard on my old arthritic body, but what is, is. The difficult part is that there are still things to do here - walk the dogs, bake for and attend a funeral for a 37 yo friend who had a seizure, hit his head and died.

meanmom, enjoy your week - you deserve it. QM, good news about your daughter - I assume she's off caffeine, too. I won't ask you to slow down, but at least try to get some rest. CindyA, hang in there. CM, I'm glad your brother is helping and you have your DGDs for a diversion. Pam, families can be aggravating. My son flew in from CN and another daughter rearranged her plans for my family reunion last week. It was a disorganized mess. I felt bad for my children who had made the effort to be there. Both of them are great organizers so they knew what should have been done. craftygater, yes, it's time to bless someone else with your husband's things. You have your memories of the love you shared and pictures - someone might need those books so passing them on is a good thing.

Well, time to finish some laundry, walk the dogs, go buy dog food while it's on sale and hit the road. Take care, everyone.

Shadowirish 08-17-2013 06:57 PM

It's been a rough day for DH. He has come down with a probable urinary tract infection after being diagonsed with bladder stone. The meds for the infection are throwing his blood sugars whacko, making him really drowsy, and he is having a hard time keeping anything down. We didn't get any sleep last night as he is up at least once an hour sometimes more. He's had a massive headache since last Saturday and has developed vertigo on top of it all. CT head scan scheduled for Monday looking for causes of the headache, surgery scheduled for a week from Wed to remove bladder stone.......looks like a fun month! Poor guy is miserable and I feel so helpless.

createfourpaws 08-18-2013 05:07 AM

FQ's received this week from
Irishrose
Groovy Pieces
Sewhapyana
Jim's Gem - 2 months

If I missed anyone I know it is here, have been at a big conference since Thursday. today is the first time I have had any time on the computer

Prayers for all who need them,

meanmom enjoy your time at the beach.

QuilterMomma 08-19-2013 07:52 AM

Checking in this week. Somethiing for me to look forward to, Reno is this week. I get to leave on Thursday Am and be back on Saturday pm. It will be a joyous time. I get to visit RedGarnet, be with my DH, and celebrate 50 years of being around this wonderful world the Lord created for us.

Got 4.5 quilts completed this weekend. A young gal came to visit her mom and I do her mom's quilting so she dropped off four quilts. Yes, I have lots of my own to get done, but have to pay for the machine. Well they turned out so pretty. I was excited i got three done on Saturday while having company and baking some, then one on Sunday am with the another customers loaded and half done. Had to mark it with a fishing crewel because it is a trout quilt.
I was good girl except for the wine to chill my brain and body out so I could sleep a bit. Made Rhubarb punch and mixed that with the wine, oh so good. Yes fattening but I slept good and got lots done. I weighed myself and did not gain anything, haven't lost anymore this week, but nothing gained so that is good. Put up swiss chard, zucchini, and we ate lots of fresh veggies all day. Love the fresh stuff out of the garden.

QuilterMomma 08-19-2013 07:53 AM

Boy, what is in the atmosphere that we are all having health issues with loved ones and friends? Not good. Praying for you all as well. We are going to make it.