Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t227021.html)

Jim's Gem 08-01-2013 03:38 PM

I would definitely vote for batiks again!!!

irishrose 08-01-2013 05:39 PM

Batiks again for sure - it certainly generated a lot of interest and in my case, was a good motivator whether I won or not.

I am in again.

meanmom 08-01-2013 06:53 PM

Im In for August. I love batiks and they are a great motivator.

Teddybear Lady 08-01-2013 09:41 PM

I'm in again. You have my FQ. Looking forward to a better month. I was only down 2 lbs. in July. At least I was down.

Groovy Pieces 08-02-2013 03:55 AM

Mornin' All . . . .

First-timer for this challenge. PMing Hostess now for address to send fabric.

I'm excited . . . . GP :thumbup:

Pete 08-02-2013 04:29 AM

I'm in for Aug--- and NO I did not win the Batiks -- DRAT!! Double drat! I Gained!!!! and, I won't tell you how much. I'd like to blame it on a horrible month of flareups with pain ....but it is really my willpower and asking myself if the bites are worth it.Am starting on a UFO from several years ago and am attempting crazy quilting and C. England's picture piecing!!!!
Good Luck G.P. and welcome!!!!

countrymaid 08-02-2013 05:34 AM

I'm in again. This month I'm looking for onderland (under that 200# mark). I'm excited! I've done very well since joining all of you. You have been a great encourager to me.

Shadowirish 08-02-2013 06:06 AM

Woohoo countrymaid! I'm on track to reach onderland before my birthday in Oct...wouldn't that just be the greatest gift to myself?... Well, except for fabric maybe

Vanogay 08-02-2013 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'm back in. My computer has been on and off and on again. We were struck by lightning last week - took out the phone (it's still not back up), the TV (a new expensive one is in the house, now - on its own surge protector, thank you) and the wireless router for the computer. The company has been having some troubles with the poles and transcievers themselves, so that's the on/off again nonsense here. I'm ready to demand a free month from them. Just got back from the grocery - company tonight, but it's roast with au jus gravy and veggies. I did buy an apple pie for dessert, but won't eat a big piece - apple pie is not my favorite, so no real problem. I did lose in July, but probably not enough for the batiks (sob, sob).
This week, I am going to spend one or two days doing nothing but cutting. I'll have the projects in boxes ready to go when I'm ready to go. Have one or two that are really on the top of my list, these new ones will be sitting for a bit, I'm afraid, but they'll be cut. GOtta go. Since the computer is up, need to check my bank account - bill pay and the like before I lose the internet again. Eat healthy everyone and I've got a great one for Tuesday's tip.

meanmom 08-02-2013 01:16 PM

I am hoping to hit wonderland soon myself. Hope to be there by my birthday in September. I should be there by now but I can't behave myself. I am going to Myrtle beach later this month. Hopefully I won't be as bad as I was in Hilton head.