Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t227021.html)

Shadowirish 08-28-2013 07:28 AM

DH surgery this morning, diet?....what diet?.......

Pam H 08-28-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish (Post 6260138)
DH surgery this morning, diet?....what diet?.......

Sometimes comfort food is exactly what you need. :)

CindyA 08-28-2013 01:35 PM

I had another good workout last night and am on my way to yoga now. Eating? Ehhh. You guys should be sssooo happy I'm participating, because I'm absolutely NO competition for the fat quarters. :D

irishrose 08-28-2013 04:40 PM

Shadowirish, the hospital cafeteria in Traverse City had lots of good choices. Since the salted caramels in the gift shop were $.65 each I didn't indulge in more than one a day so I didn't gain any weight in my 10 days of hospital sitting. Keep your hands busy - knitting, holding a book, etc. Ice water is always available, too. Good wishes for your husband for an uneventful recovery.

countrymaid 08-29-2013 05:35 AM

Grace and Peace to all. This has been a tough week for many. I'm glad to have friends that share each others joys and burdens. You lift me up with your kind words of support and compassion for each other. Thank you for the love that is freely given.

I am learning so much about myself and acknowledging the reasons behind my eating habits. I'm trying not to beat myself up over my set backs because I have lost weight since the first of April. So on to September and try again.

I did spend some time in my sewing space yesterday, the dishes are still in the sink and I don't care. Blessings to you all.

JuneBillie 08-29-2013 11:19 AM

Prayers for all who are sick, or dealing with difficult things. I completed some sewing the other day. I will probably begin a quilt tomorrow.

CindyA 08-29-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by countrymaid (Post 6261852)
I did spend some time in my sewing space yesterday, the dishes are still in the sink and I don't care. Blessings to you all.

You made me laugh, Countrymaid!! I went back to work this week, but may have to do the same thing this weekend. I feel a quilt day coming on.

Teddybear Lady 08-29-2013 09:54 PM

I have been up and down so much this month that I'm beginning to feel like a yoyo! haha I did manage to finally lose weight this week. I lost what I had gained and a little more. So for today I was down 2.6 lbs. for a total of 43.4lbs.since Jan. 1st. However, with all the ups and downs, my total weight loss for the month of August was only 1.6 lbs. At least I was down so I won't worry over it too much. I plan on getting my act together in September and really working hard on this weight loss thing. From reading all the posts it seems everyone has had a lot of stressful situations to deal with. I'm praying that September will be easier for all of us. When I get my pictures downloaded from my camera, I will post the latest quilt top I've finished. I used some of the FQ's I won in March I think. Hope everyone has a great and safe Labor Day weekend. Enjoy it and get rested up for another fun filled weight loss adventure in September.

countrymaid 08-30-2013 09:45 AM

The college I work at has freshmen moving in today. We have a special chapel this afternoon to dedicate ourselves to God's work in this place. Monday is the first day of classes. My sister has come for the weekend and is staying with my folks. This gives me a little break and she is going to talk with my oldest brother about him coming for a week or so this fall.

I signed up for a class in September. It's an Eleanor Burns table runner with the maple leaves. I bought the pattern some time ago so I figured this was a good time to make it up. I might even have the right fabrics if I look hard enough.

createfourpaws 08-30-2013 11:58 AM

New thread for September has been posted. Here is the link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t229088.html