Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/august-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t227021.html)

meanmom 08-30-2013 06:46 PM

I am down 1 pound this month. I was surprised at that as I haven't been behaving myself very well. I also have been skipping exercise.
Hopefully things will get back to normal at my house things have been crazy for months. I am back to work at school so it is much harder to snack during the day.
When I was picking raspberries the other day i wore my blue jeans. I nearly lost them. They are too big:-) They were new in February. I guess I need to go shopping!
Still praying for everyone.
Pat

craftygater 08-30-2013 08:38 PM

Well tomorrow is the last day of August. Where did it go???? Anyway ...the last week and a half has been at a stand still. Haven't gained haven't lost. I have been good and followed the plan...guess the body decided it didn't want to follow the plan. Oh well, the scale in the morning will tell the tale....At least the pain in the knee is just about gone and the pain that is left is what I am used to. Myrtle Beach is only a week away. Can't wait. And still the garage didn't get done. Oh well. Again prayers go out to all that are hurting....

Pete 08-31-2013 07:43 AM

Only lost 1.8 lbs. Gosh, I love food too much -- help!!!

irishrose 09-01-2013 03:57 PM

Ah, Pete, nearly 2 pounds isn't 'only'. It's nearly 100 pounds a year. Anything not a gain is to the good. Now you are in a good posotion to win big next month.

Yesterday was my ex's celebration of life. I am in bad shape today. It's like the 13 bad years went up in the smoke of the bonfire and I'm left to mourn the 42 good years alone as the children have all returned to their lives. I'll be fine tomorrow - like Scarlett in 'Gone With the Wind'. We had a nice service at a river written by me and conducted by two of our five children with only family and a few close friends in attendance. Then a picnic because he loved picnics with white sky lanterns at dusk and finally a bonfire - after another meal, of course.

It will feel good to get back to 'normal', whatever normal is.

meanmom 09-02-2013 03:16 AM

Irish praying for you. Even if all of the years weren't good he was still special to you. It is hard to let go. The service will hopefully help to give closure. I hope the lanterns were able to carry away your heartache.

createfourpaws 09-02-2013 05:14 AM

Ladies....don't forget to PM me your loss. i will announce the winner tomorrow.

createfourpaws 09-03-2013 02:52 PM

DRUM ROLL!!!!!! Our winner for the month with a 9 lbs loss is .................. craftygater.

CONGRATS on your loss. Keep up the good work.

you beat me by 1 lb.

QuilterMomma 09-03-2013 04:00 PM

Whoo hooo great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam H 09-03-2013 06:33 PM

Way to go craftygater!!
You too, Cindy!!

Teddybear Lady 09-03-2013 07:20 PM

Congratulations craftygater! I know you worked hard to have lost that much in a month. Do you have any plans for your "winnings" or will you be like me and just pet them, look at them, and drool? haha Great job on your weight loss!