Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Aurifil thread disaster and guilty dog.Ugh !! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/aurifil-thread-disaster-guilty-dog-ugh-t250144.html)

Bueniebabe 07-15-2014 05:09 AM

but your dog is so cute, he wouldn't do that
I had my rat terrier get so tangled up in a skein of yarn I had to cut it off it, should have taken a picture

grann of 6 07-15-2014 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by eastslopequilter (Post 6801917)
That is exactly why I don't let pets in the house.

We always had "outside" dogs when our kids were young, but as a senior citizen, I like my dog in the house to protect me from strangers at the door, etc, plus just plain companionship. But dogs, like children, need rules. They can't be allowed to be the "boss" of the house. The human has to always be the alpha dog, no matter the size of the dog. My Dane knows I am her boss. She recently learned that she could go down the stairs to the basement with me, so loves to sleep on her bed while I am sewing. I watch carefully for pins on the floor. She occasionally will put her head in my lap looking for a little love while I am sewing, but now knows that when I say "Excuse me" it is time for her to go lay down. It doesn't matter how cute they are, they need rules, and really shouldn't be in the sewing room at all, for their own safety.

Billi 07-15-2014 05:19 AM

Wow some of you are kind of judgemental there. nobody is perfect no matter how diligent we are or how well trained Sometimes $#|+ (stuff) happens.

His face reminds me of my aussie when I found him surrounded in fluff and his noes stuck in my now quite bare ugh boot when he was a pup. He had managed to pull all the inside fluff out of my boot without damaging the outside at all. Wanted to kill him but I just had to laugh. it's called having a sense of humor, it makes life so much less stressfull.

linynp 07-15-2014 06:05 AM

Ummm hate to say it but he looks proud! Lol. Wants your full attention not our sew sew one hehehe. Oh feeling your pain.

fayeberry 07-15-2014 06:19 AM

Oh No! that's why he's so cute - so you don't kill him!

renee765 07-15-2014 06:54 AM

Feffertim, I have to admit that I'm not perfect either. I have cats in my house because they give me a lot of love. Yes, I have cat hair. So what. I could have a spotless house, but it would be lonely. I also try to keep things away from my cats but they do get adventurous. Their favorite activity is to find any batting that isn't locked away. They are great at shredding it, I guess for any future stuffed animals I might make?

Your puppy looks like an active, curious companion who adds quality to your life. He has mastered that 'who, me'? look that dogs do so well. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Many of us probably went to check our sewing space to see what we need to put back out of harm's way. Your posting probably prevented another furrie baby from getting in trouble today!

DebraK 07-15-2014 06:59 AM

I can't blame your little friend. The thread looks just like the pattern in his dog bowl ;-)

MargeD 07-15-2014 07:05 AM

Oh my, but I'm afraid he doesn't look very ashamed at what he did. Guess the thread had a nice texture to it. Some of it might be saved, but the pink looks like a goner. It wasn't Aurifil thread, but I accidentally got a smaller spool of thread unraveled to such an extent that I just kept cutting until I could use the spool, it's worth a try, and I couldn't even blame it on my cat.

BettyGee 07-15-2014 07:13 AM

My little guy will find the end of a thread on the edge of a piece of fabric and just keep chewing and pulling on it until he gets a whole ball of it in his mouth. This can be dangerous for the fur baby so I don't leave fabric down on the floor anymore, it is in baskets, but he will get into anything he can. I like Tartan's suggestion, worth a try.

Annaquilts 07-15-2014 07:21 AM

Ouch! $40 toy for the cutest doggie.
To make you feel better my 8 lb doggie "ate" $10 worth of aurafil, so you are not the only one.