Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   AWWWW...the farm life...or is it actually PPPP-UUUUU?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/awwww-farm-life-actually-pppp-uuuuu-t21308.html)

Mousie 06-13-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
:oops: The Mama Skunk sure wasn't doing her job....run for cover and let the babies fend for themselves..........Glad she didn't get you or anyone else............Don't you just love Mother Nature when she gets P.O.'d about something???

Too funny! left the kids to do the spraying...good thing they didn't!
Patti, it just seems to come in bunches for you, lol! You try so hard to be grateful and then bam!...snatched right out from under you...
you sure do have some adventures on your farm. sounds like green acres. :D

MadQuilter 06-13-2009 07:37 PM

We have two dogs who have killed a skunk in the front yard and every chance they get, still insist on a close encounter with the "other kitty." We now keep "Nature's Miracle" by the gallon jug.

Glad you are all OK.

tlrnhi 06-13-2009 07:58 PM

When our cat had the encounter, he was so close that the "juice" was all over him. He came running in the house like a shot and ran under the couch. I, at the time, was 8 months preggers. I called the vet, not even thinking and she says....if you have Massingil Douch Powder, bath the cat in that. I told her I was preggers and had no need for it, so what do I do? She said, tomato juice. Ok, I don't have any, but I have sauce and soup. She says,,,that'll work. Then to rinse in vinegar and lemon juice. Well, when all was said and done, I had a pretty pinkish kitty and red spotted walls. Hubs didn't think it was funny, but while I was sitting on the edge of the tub trying to bath kitty, all I could do was laugh.
Oh, we did get the little bet of smell out of the house. I used ground up moth ball flakes. Tossed them down on the carpet, left the house for the day, came home and vacuumed it all up. Odor was gone.

Skeat 06-13-2009 07:59 PM

LOL Sandpat...that is our daily route here:)Glad to know we share that 'easy' life!:)Skeat

gaigai 06-13-2009 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Well, when all was said and done, I had a pretty pinkish kitty and red spotted walls. .

ROTFLMAO. And here's Terri's Kitty!

tlrnhi 06-13-2009 09:40 PM

That's about what he looked like, but had a meaner face lol

gaigai 06-13-2009 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, how about this one:

tlrnhi 06-14-2009 01:27 AM

LOL
This cat was a fluffy yellow and white. He was MY boy and everyone knew it too! Dang I miss him!
Usually when he needed a bath, I would put him in the tub with me..yes, I would have clothes on lol

sandpat 06-14-2009 04:53 AM

:lol: :lol: We do try to be careful around here...mostly we don't get hurt (other than maybe our pride)...but we do have some adventures. I'm just glad no one really follows me around with a camera...now those shots would be something!

Gia...the pics are perfect for Terri's cat. Aren't skunk incidents just awful??? :roll: :lol: :lol:

mary quite contrary 06-14-2009 05:14 AM

Thanks for sharing the story.