Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   AWWWW...the farm life...or is it actually PPPP-UUUUU?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/awwww-farm-life-actually-pppp-uuuuu-t21308.html)

Bevanger 06-14-2009 05:16 AM

remind me of this when i start talking about wanting to live on a farm. :wink:

Mousie 06-14-2009 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
LOL Sandpat...that is our daily route here:)Glad to know we share that 'easy' life!:)Skeat

SKEAT...you surfaced!!! was wondering if we was going to have to send out a search party for ya! so, just another day in paradise to you, huh?
man, it's times like these, that make me, say, glad I ain't got all them critters...and run around in the rain, etc? I'd melt! :wink:

Mousie 06-14-2009 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Well, when all was said and done, I had a pretty pinkish kitty and red spotted walls. .

ROTFLMAO. And here's Terri's Kitty!

He's thinking: "Patti, you only think you had a rough day!"
(course you DID, but you know cats....)

beachlady 06-14-2009 05:30 AM

Patti, I am so sorry this happened to you. A farmer's life is always changing, isn't it? And the skunks! WOW, you are lucky you did not get sprayed!

Mousie 06-14-2009 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Patti, I am so sorry this happened to you. A farmer's life is always changing, isn't it? And the skunks! WOW, you are lucky you did not get sprayed!

dunno, if it wouldn't have been as bad as usual...the spraying I mean...
or worse, bc there were so many of them! little stinkers! I would have been yelling for hubby too...he might as well stink too, LOL! :wink:

Skeat 06-14-2009 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Originally Posted by Skeat
LOL Sandpat...that is our daily route here:)Glad to know we share that 'easy' life!:)Skeat

SKEAT...you surfaced!!! was wondering if we was going to have to send out a search party for ya! so, just another day in paradise to you, huh?
man, it's times like these, that make me, say, glad I ain't got all them critters...and run around in the rain, etc? I'd melt! :wink:

glad you missed me quiltncrazy!:)I had a very bad tooth issue that had me physically down and out for about 2 weeks! I was a very ugly sight here! Looked like I had run into a barn or something:0)But, all is on the mend now...thank goodness!! And, the benefits of living in the country are keeping the mailbox purchases up! Mom/Dad, know what your kids are doing at night if they are bored! This time we had the benefit of unopened condoms :shock: left as a present after the mailbox was torn to shreds w/a knife...so, fingerprints are in the making soon...let's hope the little poop has been caught once before at something....so pathetic! Skeat

zyxquilts 06-14-2009 07:51 AM

Wow Patti - what a night!!!
Glad y'all came thru' it OK & um, UN-scented!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif

MollieSue 06-14-2009 08:47 AM

Oh Pattie, I'm sooo glad you were able to get all the cows back in, before they really seen the downed fence! And the skunks didn't get you!!
I remember when younger, chasing down horses at 2-3am during storms many times....
And have had to tomato juice a few dogs, but never a cat! lol!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

bluebird 06-14-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Oh Patti, how I can relate to this!!! Just gotta love it or go crazy with frustration!!!

AMEN! Love the skunks :D :D :D

omak 06-14-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Wow, sounds like an exciting night, hope all will be well soon. Milk cows or beef?

:D Black Angus

Now, why am I NOT surprised!
Mother taught me early on ... black cows ONLY get out at midnight ...
The skunk story was PRICELESS ...
I liked the part where you could call them up - - I do it too ... no cowboying left in me <g> Come, babe, 3x and they are at the door ... so cool! Only range cows in Grant county to do, and YES! I am bragging!
After a night like that, my friend ... you had best like the one you are with, or the work is five times as hard.
Thank you so much for sharing life on your place ... REAL good stuff!
And, you have the corn standing back up ... how cool is that?
How tall is it? I was watching RFD this evening, and in Minnesota, they said, the saying is: Knee high to Fourth of July ... but, their corn is at 6 and 7 inches ... Do you feed the corn to your cattle? (as in lots of acres of corn) or do you eat the corn and feed them the cornstalks?
I know you wouldn't trade your night for anyone else's ... good show!
LOL ... remember you ASKED for this <g> silly you!
If you weren't do ranching/farming, whatever else would you do with your spare time??? LOL