Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   baby bibs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/baby-bibs-t277145.html)

sash 03-27-2016 03:02 PM

baby bibs

Has anyone done a baby bib in the hoop design on your emb. machine and what site did you get it? I checked emb lib but didn't find any? Also have googled and have found a couple; just wanted your input. And did they work out okay? Pictures of any would be nice. Thank you.

Jean in Ohio13452 03-28-2016 02:41 AM

Don't know if this would help but you could use pictures out of a Children's Coloring Book for Ideas- Simple baby animals, toys, Teddy bears, Ducks etc.. these could be appliqued or transferred to the Fabric and then use the embroidery machine to follow the lines.?

Barb in Louisiana 03-28-2016 03:54 AM

My friend bought some already made bibs and embroidered on them. They were favorites at the baby shower.

Sophie2 03-28-2016 04:26 AM

I have made some ITH bibs by Designs By Sick. They turned out really cute. My only concern is that the neck opening seems rather small, but people seem to like them.

Quilty-Louise 03-28-2016 04:26 AM

Stitch Delight has baby themed stuff, as does Embroidery Library.
Charming Station also.

MANY emb. websites have baby themed designs.

Stitch Delight

Emb. Library

Charming Station

juliea9967 03-28-2016 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite ITH baby bib design is from Pickle Pie Designs
picklepiedesigns.com
I love these bibs and they sew up really nice. I also love the snap placement on the side. New moms have told me the side snap is so much easier to use than a snap located on the back. If you don't do snaps you can substitute Velcro, which I used in the beginning. Quite a few of my customers told me they didn't like the Velcro because sometimes they would forget to close it prior to washing and drying and it would catch all kinds of lint. So I only use snaps now. I bought the Little Ark bibs from Picklepie and they have real cute applique animals on them. I usually use cute flannel for the bibs and don't do the applique. I use the cute flannel on the front and back and then use my scraps of Warm and Natural batting in the middle. The bibs are super absorbent and they work up extremely fast if you don't do the applique part.

lynnie 03-28-2016 07:46 AM

Smartneedle has alot of them and they go on sale from time to time. good luck.

BluegrassGurl 03-28-2016 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by juliea9967 (Post 7507240)
My favorite ITH baby bib design is from Pickle Pie Designs
picklepiedesigns.com
I love these bibs and they sew up really nice. I also love the snap placement on the side. New moms have told me the side snap is so much easier to use than a snap located on the back. If you don't do snaps you can substitute Velcro, which I used in the beginning. Quite a few of my customers told me they didn't like the Velcro because sometimes they would forget to close it prior to washing and drying and it would catch all kinds of lint. So I only use snaps now. I bought the Little Ark bibs from Picklepie and they have real cute applique animals on them. I usually use cute flannel for the bibs and don't do the applique. I use the cute flannel on the front and back and then use my scraps of Warm and Natural batting in the middle. The bibs are super absorbent and they work up extremely fast if you don't do the applique part.

I love these Julie!

sash 03-28-2016 09:05 AM

Oh, thank you very much. Going to that site now. Thanks.

shasta5718 03-29-2016 07:05 AM

You can also try Secrets of Embroidery site. They have numerous vendors and they have a lot of Baby items. Just put bibs in the search.