Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: baby bibs

baby bibs

Has anyone done a baby bib in the hoop design on your emb. machine and what site did you get it? I checked emb lib but didn't find any? Also have googled and have found a couple; just wanted your input. And did they work out okay? Pictures of any would be nice. Thank you.

Don't know if this would help but you could use pictures out of a Children's Coloring Book for Ideas- Simple baby animals, toys, Teddy bears, Ducks etc.. these could be appliqued or transferred to the Fabric and then use the embroidery machine to follow the lines.?
    Friend who can share your laughter and tears are the only ones you need.

My friend bought some already made bibs and embroidered on them. They were favorites at the baby shower.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

I have made some ITH bibs by Designs By Sick. They turned out really cute. My only concern is that the neck opening seems rather small, but people seem to like them.
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Stitch Delight has baby themed stuff, as does Embroidery Library.
    Charming Station also.

MANY emb. websites have baby themed designs.

Stitch Delight

Emb. Library

Charming Station
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My favorite ITH baby bib design is from Pickle Pie Designs
    picklepiedesigns.com
    I love these bibs and they sew up really nice. I also love the snap placement on the side. New moms have told me the side snap is so much easier to use than a snap located on the back. If you don't do snaps you can substitute Velcro, which I used in the beginning. Quite a few of my customers told me they didn't like the Velcro because sometimes they would forget to close it prior to washing and drying and it would catch all kinds of lint. So I only use snaps now. I bought the Little Ark bibs from Picklepie and they have real cute applique animals on them. I usually use cute flannel for the bibs and don't do the applique. I use the cute flannel on the front and back and then use my scraps of Warm and Natural batting in the middle. The bibs are super absorbent and they work up extremely fast if you don't do the applique part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Smartneedle has alot of them and they go on sale from time to time. good luck.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juliea9967 View Post
    My favorite ITH baby bib design is from Pickle Pie Designs
    picklepiedesigns.com
    I love these bibs and they sew up really nice. I also love the snap placement on the side. New moms have told me the side snap is so much easier to use than a snap located on the back. If you don't do snaps you can substitute Velcro, which I used in the beginning. Quite a few of my customers told me they didn't like the Velcro because sometimes they would forget to close it prior to washing and drying and it would catch all kinds of lint. So I only use snaps now. I bought the Little Ark bibs from Picklepie and they have real cute applique animals on them. I usually use cute flannel for the bibs and don't do the applique. I use the cute flannel on the front and back and then use my scraps of Warm and Natural batting in the middle. The bibs are super absorbent and they work up extremely fast if you don't do the applique part.
    I love these Julie!

Oh, thank you very much. Going to that site now. Thanks.

You can also try Secrets of Embroidery site. They have numerous vendors and they have a lot of Baby items. Just put bibs in the search.

This link at Sweet Pea has some cute bibs made ITH. http://swpea.com/collections/baby-and-bibs-in-the-hoop

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Smartneedle has alot of them and they go on sale from time to time. good luck.
    I made a bib from Smart Needle--it was easy to do.

Those from that one site look nice.