Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Baby Prep! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/baby-prep-t299003.html)

rryder 08-20-2018 05:56 AM

Congratulations, Sewbiz! Those rubber pants are cute and having the absorbent pads in them to help contain any diaper spills is a great idea!

Have fun, they grow up fast!

Rob

oksewglad 08-20-2018 06:09 AM

Sew cute, SBG! These are going to be well used. Wish this PUL fabric was available 17 years ago for our first Grand.

leonf 08-20-2018 08:07 AM

My M-I-L was 76 when we told her she was going to be a grandmother. She was shocked. but wore the role well.

Jordan 08-20-2018 10:02 AM

Congratulations! Wishing you happiness at being blessed twice with 2 healthy babies. Diapers are adorable and will be so useful for the new Mothers.

Endora 09-03-2018 10:58 AM

Congratulations to you, Sewbiz!

Wow, today's cloth diapers sure have grown-up and changed compared to the ones I used on my kids. They don't even resemble cloth diapers anymore. My kids sported big safety pins on their diapers, and big balloon rubber pants over top!

zozee 09-03-2018 11:24 AM

I sooooo feel your joy and excitement, as you know. After waiting six years, and watching them suffer umpteen heartbreaks month after month, Mother's Day after Mother's Day, too many baby shower invitations to count, and 3 failed IUI attempts, we have all been just crazy cuckoo happy about the twins coming!!! Double blessings coming your way as well, though not the same day--I can't say enough how happy I am for you!

PS Isn't it fun to sew for grands?? I'll check out that pattern for cloth diapers. I'm not sure what they'll be using; probably disposables in the beginning during overwhelm??

sewbizgirl 09-03-2018 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8120650)
I sooooo feel your joy and excitement, as you know. After waiting six years, and watching them suffer umpteen heartbreaks month after month, Mother's Day after Mother's Day, too many baby shower invitations to count, and 3 failed IUI attempts, we have all been just crazy cuckoo happy about the twins coming!!! Double blessings coming your way as well, though not the same day--I can't say enough how happy I am for you!

PS Isn't it fun to sew for grands?? I'll check out that pattern for cloth diapers. I'm not sure what they'll be using; probably disposables in the beginning during overwhelm??

I'm so happy for you, too, Zozee! And happy for the parents. When you see the babies, it will be so worth the wait! I am sewing and knitting because I have to do something during this long, long wait! Baby planning... :o

plainpat 09-08-2018 02:20 PM

So happy for you. Maybe a few knitted hats,like they want newborns to wear.We’re expecting a 2nd Great Grandbaby this winter. Our little family of 2 DDS & 3 Grkids is growing. Slowly for sure,but this will be DD’s first Grchild,so lots of happiness for all.
I love looking at baby needs & clothes.

Jane Quilter 09-08-2018 06:42 PM

congrats on new babies. You are going to love being a Grandma.

sewbizgirl 09-08-2018 08:19 PM

Thanks!

Plainpat, congrats on the second GGB! What a wonderful legacy.