Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Back Pain/Fibermyalgia sufferers try this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/back-pain-fibermyalgia-sufferers-try-t64480.html)

chichimamma 09-14-2010 07:21 PM

I have fibromyalgia, my DH and I have a hot tub, we use it everyday, and we add epsom salts to it, works wonders!!!

sewbaby 09-14-2010 08:04 PM

Epsom salts are great for many things. Ilove them when I could get in and out of tub I would put scent in my salts so you always smeled wonderful as well as feeling better. For those of you that cant get in a tub make a thick paste of the epsom salts with warm water and cover with a piece of cotton that you dont mind loosing, place the paste on where ever needed and cover with cotton when the warmth is gone remove and repeat if needed just as you would with a heating pad just better results.

Sew_Deer 09-14-2010 08:50 PM

I do this for my feet and it works wonders.

mzsooz 09-14-2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I know that this may sound strange but it works. I suffer from back pain and fibermyalgia pain it is not fun when both act up. My mom told me about a friend of hers who soaks in a bathtub with epsion salt. I thought she was nuts until I tried it (besides who doesn't like to soak in a bath away from the kids!) What you do is run a bath as hot as you can stand it. You will need at least 4lbs of epsion salts and let dissolve. Soak in the tub for as long as you like. I actually was able to sit in the tub for about 15 minutes and loved every minute. Then wrap yourself in a heavy robe or blanket and stay there to sweat it out. I didn't feel any different that night but the next day and today WOW I woke up with no pain and that is very rare. I know some of us have issues and I thought I would pass along something that worked for me. Try it what do you have to loose??

the big problem is that I'd have to clean the tub first! :lol: :lol: :lol:

auntiehenno 09-14-2010 11:35 PM

I wish I could get in and out of the bath tub. Have CFIDS and fibromyalgia. No strength in arms or legs and I an not over weight. Want a battery operated chair, but they don't do ins. and are expensive.

wildyard 09-15-2010 05:20 AM

For some strange reason, my fibro has lately decided to settle in my hands, a new thing for me, grrrrrrrrrrr. I tried this and find it is quite helpful!! Thanks for the tipoff. Gentle hugs and big smiles for all my fellow chronic pain sufferers. We forge on as we must into the day. I am holding you all in my heart as we share this common bond.

Roberta 09-15-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Day four I woke up again today with little pain I did need to take my pain pill however for me to wake up without pain is a miracle I don't ache like I normally do and I quilted my moms huge queen size heavy quilt so I know this will work differently give it a try and main thing relax and enjoy the quiet wrap up afterwards works better at night. Good luck and will keep you all in my prayers!

I tried this last night and woke up with the usual amount of pain this morning. I so hoped it would work for me.

:cry:

Debo 09-15-2010 11:23 AM

My osteoporosis is really bad leaving my back hurting all the time. I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the info.

sosewcrazy 09-15-2010 03:05 PM

Thanks so much for the tip! I started taking the drug Savella a year ago, and it has changed my life. Fibro is no fun, and I hope you find relief soon.

hperttula123 09-15-2010 04:37 PM

Ebsom salt is great. My daughter had little infection in her toe and I took her to the doc and she said to soak it 3x's a day for 3 days and it'll be gone. Sure enough...it was. That's something that I always will have in my house.