Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Background music on tv... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/background-music-tv-t274519.html)

Geri B 01-14-2016 06:21 PM

Background music on tv...

Is turning into an annoyance to me. Am now watching blacklist and the music is loud, can't hear some of the dialog. The more dramatic the scene, the heavier the music....noticed it the other night too watching something else.....now along with annoying music at some fast food places and JAF, and of course on hold on the phone, now it has invaded my house thru the tv...the next time I have a serious conversation with someone, I'm going to listen for background music....

patsews 01-14-2016 06:50 PM

So I am not the only person who feels that background music is way to loud. I have sent emails to the TV shows complaining. If more people did that, perhaps the producers would listen to us. I have told them that I do not think anyone is viewing a final copy of the show before it is put on the air - because if they had they would fix the problem so that we could actually enjoy not having to lip read (which I am not very good at) to try and figure out what the actors are saying. Why do they even have to have any background music!! I think we are quite capable of figuring out when there is a dramatic moment in the program without any background music. Please join me in sending emails to the producers to complain about loud background music !!!

JustAbitCrazy 01-15-2016 03:58 AM

Agree! It's been that way for over a year now. What a pia.

illinois 01-15-2016 04:06 AM

How much I enjoy the Larry Levinson productions. Great quality movies but after a long session of them that tinkle background music gets on my nerves. It has no real meaning to the scene. It's filler. Just seems to be a signature of his productions but after awhile it's annoying.

Stitchnripper 01-15-2016 04:16 AM

I have hearing issues (have been tested and have hearing aids) so some of the speech tones are not clear to me, added with the music is very hard to make out dialogue. We have taken to leaving the closed captioning on and lowering the volume. It seems to work for both of us.

cindyb 01-15-2016 04:30 AM

This drives me crazy too = and it seems the commercials are louder again, they had toned that down for awhile. A little off the subject, the 'canned laughter' on the sitcoms. Come on now - don't we know when to laugh? The successful ones do not have this. I think that is why many new ones do not make it.

citruscountyquilter 01-15-2016 04:34 AM

I too have problems like this especially with the Hallmark channel. I watched an episode I missed however on my laptop with ear buds so as to not disturb others and it was a whole different experience. The music was more in the background and dialogue was easier to hear. I wonder if it isn't the speakers on the TV that are not stereo enough or something. I have a relatively new TV but just use the speakers that came on the TV. It appears that they calibrate the sound for a more sophisticated sound system than many of us have.

Mae Adkins 01-15-2016 04:46 AM

We had the same problem with our new smart tv. Finally went into to options and turned the surround sound option off and fixed the problem. We did not have an addition surround sound equipment so now you can actually hear what is being said.

QltrSue 01-15-2016 05:05 AM

I, too, have become annoyed with loud music drowning out the conversation. I though it was just me!

Onebyone 01-15-2016 05:42 AM

My tv has the sound options. It's worth buying a new tv just for that.