Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bay Grape Leaf Messenger Bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bay-grape-leaf-messenger-bag-t251134.html)

Kathryn Garcia 08-01-2014 05:35 AM

Bay Grape Leaf Messenger Bag

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]485893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]485894[/ATTACH]Out on walk-abouts one day and collected terrific looking Bay Grape leaves. Scanned them into computer and printed out onto a fabric sheet. Used faux leather and Batik to sew up cool little Messenger Bag. (I read on YouTube how to sew leatherette as my machine didn't seem to want to move over it. They suggested putting Scotch Tape on the bottom of the foot and on the Machine Plate......it works!) Oh, and be sure to read package of Fabric Sheets as some cannot be exposed to water!)

Tartan 08-01-2014 06:16 AM

Nice bag! I see the kitty wants to be close to the fish even if it is a button.:)

mjhaess 08-03-2014 06:57 AM

Looks great...

calla 08-03-2014 07:00 AM

What a great idea came out swell

pegquilter8 08-03-2014 08:49 AM

Would you send me thepics that you have scanned in? I would love to make placemats from pics along with maples from new england
I have lovely friends in Ausstralia and this would be a sweet way to say thanks mate for bags he has sent me
Pegeth at [email protected] If not maybe I could print from this website pic. Thanks for sharing and reading.

Kathryn Garcia 08-03-2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by pegquilter8 (Post 6830109)
Would you send me thepics that you have scanned in? I would love to make placemats from pics along with maples from new england
I have lovely friends in Ausstralia and this would be a sweet way to say thanks mate for bags he has sent me
Pegeth at [email protected] If not maybe I could print from this website pic. Thanks for sharing and reading.

How happy it makes me that you like the Bay Grape Leaves!!! I acutally didn't scan them in. I put leaves directly on the printer flat bed and printed directly only fabric. My computer skills, and the actual computer, need a lot to be desired! I suggest you try puting your collection of maple leaves right on the printer! It worked for me. Have noted your mail and will send some pix through for you!

Kathryn Garcia 08-03-2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6826780)
Nice bag! I see the kitty wants to be close to the fish even if it is a button.:)

Thank you thank you!

Kathryn Garcia 08-03-2014 10:57 AM

Thank you! It was fun figuring it all out. Next time I think I'll make it a little larger with at least a two inch gusset so it'll hold a bit more.

Kathryn Garcia 08-03-2014 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kathryn Garcia (Post 6830252)
How happy it makes me that you like the Bay Grape Leaves!!! I acutally didn't scan them in. I put leaves directly on the printer flat bed and printed directly only fabric. My computer skills, and the actual computer, need a lot to be desired! I suggest you try puting your collection of maple leaves right on the printer! It worked for me. Have noted your mail and will send some pix through for you!

I just sent some pictures of leaves to you! Have fun! K.

mountain deb 08-03-2014 07:16 PM

I never even thought of scanning autumn leaves or anything and imprinting right onto fabric. I will have to play with this. Thanks.