Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bay Grape Leaf Messenger Bag

Bay Grape Leaf Messenger Bag

Name:  P8012840 (640x480).jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  270.4 KBName:  P8012841 (640x480).jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  246.8 KBName:  P8012837 (640x480).jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  289.4 KBOut on walk-abouts one day and collected terrific looking Bay Grape leaves. Scanned them into computer and printed out onto a fabric sheet. Used faux leather and Batik to sew up cool little Messenger Bag. (I read on YouTube how to sew leatherette as my machine didn't seem to want to move over it. They suggested putting Scotch Tape on the bottom of the foot and on the Machine Plate......it works!) Oh, and be sure to read package of Fabric Sheets as some cannot be exposed to water!)

Power Poster
    Nice bag! I see the kitty wants to be close to the fish even if it is a button.

Power Poster
    Looks great...

Blog Entries
    What a great idea came out swell

Would you send me thepics that you have scanned in? I would love to make placemats from pics along with maples from new england
    I have lovely friends in Ausstralia and this would be a sweet way to say thanks mate for bags he has sent me
    Pegeth at [email protected] If not maybe I could print from this website pic. Thanks for sharing and reading.
    Each project adds to my stash of knowledge. Love sharing the results with anyone who'll look.

Quote Originally Posted by pegquilter8 View Post
    Would you send me thepics that you have scanned in? I would love to make placemats from pics along with maples from new england
    I have lovely friends in Ausstralia and this would be a sweet way to say thanks mate for bags he has sent me
    Pegeth at [email protected] If not maybe I could print from this website pic. Thanks for sharing and reading.
    How happy it makes me that you like the Bay Grape Leaves!!! I acutally didn't scan them in. I put leaves directly on the printer flat bed and printed directly only fabric. My computer skills, and the actual computer, need a lot to be desired! I suggest you try puting your collection of maple leaves right on the printer! It worked for me. Have noted your mail and will send some pix through for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Nice bag! I see the kitty wants to be close to the fish even if it is a button.
    Thank you thank you!

Thank you! It was fun figuring it all out. Next time I think I'll make it a little larger with at least a two inch gusset so it'll hold a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Garcia View Post
    How happy it makes me that you like the Bay Grape Leaves!!! I acutally didn't scan them in. I put leaves directly on the printer flat bed and printed directly only fabric. My computer skills, and the actual computer, need a lot to be desired! I suggest you try puting your collection of maple leaves right on the printer! It worked for me. Have noted your mail and will send some pix through for you!
    I just sent some pictures of leaves to you! Have fun! K.

I never even thought of scanning autumn leaves or anything and imprinting right onto fabric. I will have to play with this. Thanks.
    ABCDEFG

Quote Originally Posted by mountain deb View Post
    I never even thought of scanning autumn leaves or anything and imprinting right onto fabric. I will have to play with this. Thanks.
    Long time ago I read an article about a quilt artist that scanned her used coffee filters and made kimono wall art! She said every used coffee filter made a unique and different pattern, no two were the same.