Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Birdtalk (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/birdtalk-t202800.html)

coopah 10-10-2012 04:35 PM

What a surprise this would be!! Those birds are certainly beautiful! Lovely houseguests!! THanks for sharing!

beemerbird 10-10-2012 05:40 PM

Wildlife in Tasmania

1 Attachment(s)
Just this week alone, I've had: multitudes of wild rabbits; a wild hare; wallabies; an echidna; beautiful blue wrens; and several sulphur-crested cockatoos feeding on the ground very close to my house, all in daylight - here in Tasmania, down under Down Under.

Beautiful rosellas having their daily slice of apple at my friends' place in the Blue Mtns near Sydney:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]368846[/ATTACH]

Patti25314 10-10-2012 06:22 PM

Those birds are SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of the pics.

moonwork42029 10-10-2012 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of the brightest fellow we have visit in Possum Trot, KY :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]368850[/ATTACH]
and they're plenty good at chasing away the outside cats.

Good thing we don't have parrots as we about go broke in the winter months feeding our feathered friends as it is.

JBeamer 10-10-2012 06:47 PM

Thanks to all of you that posted pictures. Really enjoyed the slide show.

ctipton 10-10-2012 08:43 PM

So the two parrots are just talking smack to each other...or maybe I was here first..O check out that cheeky human.. love animals. thanks for the picts

PurplePassion 10-10-2012 09:51 PM

Aren't you afraid they will take off with your keys? My Sister lives in Springvale. I went to visit a few years ago. I enjoyed watching the beautiful birds flying over their yard. They have peach, cherry and plum trees, but said they rarely get fruit , the white cockatoos clean them off. They closest colorful bird I have seen here , is the Indigo Bunting.

Elfi2 10-10-2012 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 5576980)
This is one of the brightest fellow we have visit in Possum Trot, KY :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]368850[/ATTACH]
and they're plenty good at chasing away the outside cats.

Good thing we don't have parrots as we about go broke in the winter months feeding our feathered friends as it is.

Isn't he beautiful!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I love all the european birds too, some of them "sing" such beautiful melodies!!!

Elfi2 10-10-2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion (Post 5577217)
Aren't you afraid they will take off with your keys? My Sister lives in Springvale. I went to visit a few years ago. I enjoyed watching the beautiful birds flying over their yard. They have peach, cherry and plum trees, but said they rarely get fruit , the white cockatoos clean them off. They closest colorful bird I have seen here , is the Indigo Bunting.

Hahahaha, never thought of that, them taking off with my keys, I would be in trouble then would I...??? And yes, we have to share our fruit with the birds too. This is the first year I had really large yellow loquats and I never got the chance to eat any, they were gone before I got to them..... :( The cheeky parrots get there very very early and have a feast!!!

JoanneS 10-11-2012 07:33 AM

Wow! We're lucky that you had a camera nearby to take this picture. Thanks for posting it.